The very common issue among the Xbox one is “Xbox can’t connect to DHCP server”, which the users of the Xbox users encounter commonly. When the console fails to connect to the network then they may come across this error. This error notifies that when the DHCP servers were unable to assign your console to the protocol. The work of the DHCP server is to assign an IP address to different gadgets as it is part of the router in your home to connect to the internet.
It is more fun when you are connected online with Live on the Xbox, as usual, you can also use Xbox one for offline play. The Xbox live subscription gives you the benefits, that overweighs the cons. Therefore, sometimes the Xbox one console won’t connect to live for some reason, however, this is one of the reasons for the frustration. Where for some of the users the issues occur from time to time.
Therefore, in this article, we will discuss the troubleshooting methods that help you to fix the issue So, to get rid of the Cons of the Xbox, if you have a problem connecting to the Xbox live Service.
How to Fix Xbox One can’t Connect to DHCP Server?
It might take several steps to fix the Xbox one can’t connect to the DHCP server, but it is easy to fix the Xbox live problems. If you are Xbox one console is not connecting to the Xbox Live services, then the below-given steps need to perform to fix the error Xbox can’t connect to the DHCP server.
Check your Live Server Status
If your encounter an error then this is the troubleshooting method that you need to perform. Visit the ” official Xbox Live status page” on your computer or on your smartphone to know the ongoing server problems.
Then you need to continue your troubleshooting methods if everything is up and running. Also if xbox one controller keeps disconnecting pc then fix it and then continue with the process.
Manual Troubleshoot of the DHCP Server
Try the below-given troubleshooting methods, if this error occurs at the start. To manually troubleshoot the DHCP server, follow the given below steps.
- For about 5 minutes, turn off your Console.
- Now, turn off your Router, for about 5 minutes.
- Then, turn on your Console and the Router after waiting for 5minutes.
- On your remote, press the menu button.
- Now, you have to click on the “Settings” and then click on the “Network”.
- You need to locate the “Network Setting” window and then select the option “Test Network Connection”.
If this method doesn’t help you to fix the error, then you can try another troubleshooting method to fix the issue that can’t connect to your DHCP server Xbox one.
Allocate a static IP of your Console to the Xbox One
The Dynamic IP of your console might be one of the reasons that cause the error can’t connect to your DHCP server Xbox one, Then, in this case, you need to allocate the static to your console. To assign the static IP of your console to the Xbox one follow the given below steps.
- First, you have to Power up your Console.
- On the Home screen of the Xbox, click on the Menu button.
- Now, head to the “Settings” and then click on it.
- Then you need to click on the Network option and then open the “Advanced Settings”.
- You will view the IP settings in this window. For later use, copy this IP address on the piece of paper.
- Under the IP settings, you will see the MA address. Enter the 12-digit address of the connection at that section that you are using at your home.
- Now, on your device open the browser, and in the search bar, type the default gateway.
- Then you have to access your Router’s interface. For access, enter the default username and the password that is provided on the router on the side of your router.
- In front of the “Enable Manual Assignment”, now click on the radio button.
- Then you have to find the window, to enter the MAC address and the IP address that you have noted.
- By clicking the “Add” button, launch the game to check if this error occurs.
- If this method doesn’t help you to solve th4e issue, then you can go for another method to fix the issue Xbox can’t connect to the DHCP server.
Try the Another Port
The above-discussed troubleshooting methods help you to fix the error, then you have to try the different port i.e., to replace the cable or change the ethernet port. Then to try another port, follow the given below steps.
- First, you need to Turnoff your Console and the Modem.
- From both of the gadgets, unplug the ethernet cable.
- Now, you need to plug this cable in the different ports of your Router and the Modem.
- On your Remote, press on the “Menu Button”.
- Then, click on the Settings, and then click on the Network.
- Now, locate the “Network Settings Window” and then select the “Test Network Connection” option.
If this doesn’t help you fix the error, then you can try the given below troubleshooting method.
Need to Test the Ethernet Port
Try to test the Ethernet port, if the error persists even after trying the above-discussed troubleshooting methods. To do so follow the given below steps.
- Unplug the Ethernet cable (i.e., connecting your Xbox to the Modem).
- Now, head to your computer, and then unplug the ethernet cable that is by connecting your computer to the Modem.
- Once, plug the cable into the Xbox, that you have taken out of the computer.
- Then you have to run the test of your Xbox one live connection.
Then there might the problem with your hardware, if this doesn’t help to solve the problem, that includes the broken cable, or the port might not be working. In these cases, you have to contact Xbox customer care.
When the console fails to connect to the network then they may come across this error xbox can’t connect to dhcp server. Then any of the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods help you to fix the issue. If you gave doubts regarding this feel free to text us at Techy2Tech and stay tuned for more updates.