Witcher 3 Script Compilation Errors encounter whenever you try to use the mods in your game. There could be different types of the error. One is mod versions, the version of the mod you trying is “1.30” and the other is a version of GOTY “1.31”.
Witcher3: Wild Hunt is an action role-playing game developed and published by the CD Projekt Red. which is based on the witcher series of fantasy novels written by Andrzej sapkowski. Upon its release, the game was well appreciated for its graphics and open world and have the same case even after 5 years even after its release.
Witcher3 has come with several mods, which a sequential of the Witcher2. Many users recently reported that they are encountering the issue whenever they try to use the mods in the game. here we will discuss how to solve the witcher 3 script compilation errors.
- 1 What Causes Script Compilation errors?
- 2 How To Fix Witcher 3 Script Compilation Errors?
- 3 Remove the Faulty Mod
What Causes Script Compilation errors?
The Script compilation errors whenever we try to use the mods in the games, and there are two different causes to the error. It is a witcher 3 script compilation errors in versions and conflicts.
Mod Versions: The version of the mod you are trying to install night be “1.30” and the GOTY version “1.31”. Even if there is no script compilation error, you might still encounter this issue, this is because version”1.30″ overrides some features of the version GOTY “1.31” of the game.
Mod Conflicts: If you installed more than one mod on your device, then they may conflict with each other especially if they are of a different version. If you have installed two versions i.e. if one mod version is 1.30 and the mod is 1.31 then they might conflict with each other and encounters the Script Compilation Errors.
How To Fix Witcher 3 Script Compilation Errors?
As we have in the above topics on witcher 3 script compilation errors, if your updated witcher3 to the latest GOTY, but you are using the mod “1.30” version, then you might encounter the “witcher 3 wild hunt script compilation errors” in your game or have issues with certain features of the game. Even you are not using the 1.31 or 1.30 version mods, even these issues can arise while moding.
These are the most common error that arises the issue witcher 3 wild hunt script compilation errors in your game.
Faulty or Outdated Modes
If the mods that you are installing in you are installing are outdated or generally known to be faulty, Witcher3 errors occur when you try to run the game. So, if you try to play the games with other mods, install the modes that aren’t compatible with each other.
Outdated Game Patch
Before trying to apply any modes in the game, it is very important to install the latest game patch. Script Compilation error will be raised while playing the game if you arent installs the latest game patch available.
Hack folder contains Corrupted Files
This issue is possible if you have installed some corrupted files or they have been installed automatically in the Hack folder. If you’re trying to attempt to fix it, o should get rid of these files.
Incorrect telemetry Keyword
If the Incorrect telemetry Keyword has been configured for them, then the witcher3 script compilation error may encounter. Hence, it best to reconfigure the telemetry keyword and to make sure that you have select the proper one.
These are the most common reasons that trigger the issue. If the error persists we will try to resolve it by performing the below trouble soot methods.
Remove the Faulty Mod
Mods are very important to be used in the game as they add special features to the games and will enhance the gameplay. On the other side, they may cause errors, if one of the mods is outdated or if they interfere with each other. Whereas in most cases the script compilation errors in witch3 are because as they contradict with the other modes, that you have installed.
It really tricky to find out the faulty mode and disable them, but the most efficient approach is that to delete the mod folder and install them again one by one and find out which mode triggers the error.
Update the Mods and the Game
- Open the browser on your device, and download Day1 patch, 1 Day 1 Patch, 1.10 Patch, 1.22 Patch, 1.24 Patch, 1.30 Patch, and the 1.31 Patch.
- If you have downloaded all the patches on your computer. then place them in one folder, and then install one after the another.
- Open the respective folder, to install the patches, and double click on the executable file present in it. Then click on the UPDATE button from the window that is appeared on the screen.
- Your game will be updated to 1.31. After the completion of the above steps.
While you’re downloading the mods, make sure that the version should be 1.31 otherwise you will not be compatible with the game.
Delete the Hack Folder and update the Telemetry Keyword
If the issue on witcher 3 script compilation errors persists even after trying the above troubleshooting methods, as the corrupted files are installed in the hack folder, try the below steps to do so.
- Navigate to the “Tasks” folder in the witcher3 games directory and select the “Hack” folder.
- Open the folder name “engine” folder, as you go back to the “scripts folder”.
- In the engine folder, create a new text document, and paste the following lines in it. “C:\Program Files (x86)\The Witcher 3\content\content0\script\engine” and name the folder as “telemetrykeywords.ws”. Remember that, if you found another text file with the same name, in that folder replace it with the new one that you have created.
Merge Mod Scripts
- Open the browser, and download the “Script Merger”.
- Now, you need to double-click on the downloaded file and perform the on-screen instruction to complete the installation of Script Merger.
- In the Home screen of the submerged. Click on the three-dot icon, which is located parallel to the text field on the top of the screen, and browse to the witcher3 directory.
- Click on the refresh button which is parallel to the “conflict” label, to find the conflicts on the mode.
- Now, by selecting the faulty mods, click on the “Merge selected script” button which is located at the bottom of the screen.
- The mods are repaired automatically, and mods that need to repair manually are displayed on the screen, and then click on the OK button.
- You will find three columns A, B, C on the upper half of the screen and another column on the lower half of the screen. Right-click on that line and then click on the column label, in which the actual code was highlighted in yellow.
- If you have completed the above process, then head to the “File” tab and then select “Save” to save the changes.
- A window will open that says “Mergered files”. Now, click on “OK”.
- Close the script Merger and launch the game and check if the issue is resolved.
When you launch, if you have encountered the script Compilation error, then notify the error log carefully and note down the path of the text file indexed in the error loaded. In the perspective text file also note down the line number. Head to the path that is listed in the error log and open the text filed and then delete the line that you have noted before.
More Articles on Errors:
The above are some troubleshooting methods that help you to resolve the error witcher 3 script compilation errors on your device for more information visit our Techy2Tech. Hope you found this helpful to rectify and fix the error. Any doubts text us in the comment section and stay tuned for more updates.