Widevine Content Decryption Module also known for WidevineCDM accessed by a huge number of people. It is basically considered as one of the decryption modules best suitable and build for the one and only chrome browsers enabling itself to play the DRM-protected HTML5 audio and also video files successfully.
That means in simple let me tell you with the help of this plugin, you are going to watch the DRM-protected HTML5 videos and audio right over the Chrome-like the one and only Netflix. If in case the plugin you are using results into the outdated one or failed to identify in the chrome? In such a case, guess what is going to happen?
Nothing but in any of the above cases, you are going to get Widevine content decryption module error. And once the message gets appears, it fails to load and play the videos. So, in that case, how to get rid of such an issue and what methods or fixes to be followed were mentioned over here. Try any of these and fix the error without making any delay.
Widevine Content Decryption Module
The following are the certain fixes to be undergone that might greatly help in getting rid of the issue within less time frame. So, are you ready to go through and implement any of the methods? If your answer is yes, let’s go!!!
- Widevine content decryption module update process
- Disable Antivirus software temporarily
- Erase the WidevineCdm Folder and update Widevine content decryption module provided by google inc
- Reinstall Google Chrome
Any of the above will definitely help you in getting rid of the Widevine content decryption module error message on time. So, therefore, let us go and study each and every method in detail that helps you to fix the error within a short period of time.
How to Update the Widevine Content Decryption Module
As we discussed, if in case the plugin is an outdated one, it is going to results in this type of error. Also, it is now time to update. But how to update the Chrome Widevine content decryption module? Is there any process? This, however, we will be learning through the below simple steps.
- The very first, right-click on the one respective Chrome client and select the option called the run as administrator.
- This should be done especially for running Chrome into an administration mode.
- Now do type the following search address in Chrome’s address bar and hit enter.
- Scroll down in order to find the option called Widevine Content Decryption Module. Once it is identified, you are requested to tap on the check for update button.
- If the status you have found under the Widevine Content Decryption Module is up-to-date, that means you can claim the plugin has been updated successfully.
Now, do cross-check whether the problem is resolved. This is why, because in most of all the cases when you implement this method. If definitely fix without facing any kind of trouble. If in case get fail and noticed the same issue, try the below simple fixes.
Disable Antivirus software temporarily
The process of updating the tool gets fails due to the third-party anti-virus software program installed in your system. As these types of programs fail to update the plugin, you can step forward and disable the antivirus software temporarily. And thereafter you are requested to try updating the tool once again. Once the update gets finishes, you are requested to enable the anti-virus program in your system without any fail.
Erase the WidevineCdm Folder & update Widevine content decryption module
In order to fix the issue, you are requested to delete the plugin folder and reinstall it within Chrome. To do so, you need administration privileges. That means you need to make sure you have already logged in as an administrator. Now you are requested to follow the below simple steps provided in the simple terminology.
- Go to the start menu and type run as a command.
- Copy and paste the %userprofile%/appdata/local right there and hit enter.
- Now do go to the Google-> Chrome-> user data and scroll down the page. Right there you will able to find the folder called WidevineCdm available in the form of lists. Right-click the corresponding folder and choose the delete option.
- And then open the task manager in your PC, right-click on the chrome entries and select the option called end task.
- Finally, restart the system and check whether the problem is fixed. That’s all!!!
Reinstall Google Chrome
If the above all fixes failed to solve the error message, it’s time to reinstall Google Chrome. Doing so going to remove the various bad components that result in corrupted files and in turn, also helps to fix the issue in a perfect way. So, therefore, follow the below instructions one by one and fix the issue very well.
- Go to the start menu and type run as a command.
- Right there you are requested to type the command called appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
- So that you will be noticing all the programs in the form of lists appear on the screen.
- Locate the option called Google Chrome in the lists of contents.
- Right-click on it to uninstall the program.
- Wait for a while till the uninstallation gets complete.
- Re-install the program and this time will definitely be going to fix the issue.
According to my thoughts and opinion, the methods provided here will definitely help to get rid of the Widevine content decryption module provided by google inc error message by taking only less period of time. If you have any doubts or likely to learn more interesting things related to it, post a comment.
As soon as we see, we will provide the absolute guidelines and also held responsible for updating the new and needful content on time. Thank you. Like and share the article for providing the basic reference to the people who also search the same. Keep in touch with www.techy2tech.com for learning more and more interesting methods or tutorials going to be posted over here.