What is carrier hub and what does it do? After the latest update, some of the users noticed the notification referring to the Carrier Hub. And they wonder what is and why it is appearing on the screen. So, in this article, we will learn about it in detail about how to fix it. Therefore keep reading this article so that you will have a clear idea about it.
Carrier hub enables the sprints features and the products on the devices which are pre-installed by the manufacturers. This app now appears on the google store also so that updates now occur through the google play store. This operates these features on the sprint network.
Now, you can see the carrier hub in the google store after the latest update of your android device. The Android messaging app is enabled by this app. Moreover, in this app, we will explain What is carrier hub app and issues of the app that it can cause and how to fix them.
- 1 What is Carrier Hub App
- 1.1 Required Permissions Used by Carrier Hub
- 1.2 Carrier Hub App Issues
- 1.3 Carrier Hub – Not Responding
- 1.4 What is MCM Client Request Are Processing Mean?
- 1.5 How to Disable Carrier Hub
- 1.6 How to Uninstall Carrier Hub on your Device?
- 1.7 Conclusion
What is Carrier Hub App
What is Carrier hub is one of the android apps, on the devices operating the sprint network it allows the features like Voice over Wi-Fi. Moreover, the carrier hub also assists the sprint or the T-mobile networks engineering for the customer-reported service concern, according to the play store app describe by the carrier hub.
Carrier hub by Sprint and the Carrier Hub by Magenta by T-mobile USA are the two apps currently available on Google Play. On April 1, 2020, since the sprint merge with T-Mobile both of them offer the same features.
This app is pre-installed on some mobile devices, or else it will ask you to download the app for a better experience if the app is not pre-installed on your device. If it suggests you install it on your mobile, then you can download it by following the on-screen prompts to download then install it on your device. Sometimes, the app fails to download but still the users getting the notification to install.
Required Permissions Used by Carrier Hub
The given below is the list of the permissions used by the carrier hub
- Physical activity
Carrier Hub App Issues
There might be some issues caused by the Carrier hub app. Therefore, we have provided you the list of the issues provided by the Carrier hub app.
Battery Draining: After the installation or updating of the carrier hub, more of the thousands of users reported that their facing the issue battery is draining, but there are specific no data on how this app drains the battery.
High Consumption of the Data: High data consumption is one of the other issues reported by the users. This app runs in the background consumes more data than the other apps do.
Negative Performance: There is a number of issues reported on the negative performance of the Carrier Hub, where Lagging and freezing of the phone is one of the most common negative performance report by the number of the users.
Carrier Hub – Not Responding
The Carrier hub is crashing and it is not a common problem that happens. But this can be very annoying once it is started. There might be several reasons that could happen on the device. To do fix this try the below-mentioned steps.
- Head to the Settings.
- Then, select the “Apps”.
- Choose the “Carrier Hub” option.
- Now, Click on the storage.
- Then clear the cache.
If clearing the cache doesn’t help you to fix the issue, then you can force stop the Carrier Hub or the Factory reset your phone.
What is MCM Client Request Are Processing Mean?
If you have installed the carrier hub on your device, then the Mobile Content management i.e., MCM processing request is the common issue. After you have normally restart your device, then this notification can be normally seen as the phone tries to reconnect to the cell towers, after reconnecting the notification might disappear. But you might see this notification constantly if you are in the area where the connections keep dropping.
Remember that if your T-mobile network is completely down the maintenance, you can still view the connection request notification but unable to use the text, call, and data services. So, in these cases, we are recommended to reaching out to the T-mobile for further assistance.
How to Disable Carrier Hub
If you would like to disable the carrier Hub then you have to follow the given below steps to do so.
- Head to Settings.
- Now, click on the “Apps”.
- Then, Tap on the “Ellipsis” icon.
- Next, click on the “System” Apps.
- Now, Find and tap on the “Carrier Hub” icon.
- Atlas, now tap on the “Disable” icon.
This is the process involved if you would like to disable the carrier hub o your device.
How to Uninstall Carrier Hub on your Device?
Uninstallation of the carrier hub on your device can be done through the two methods.
- Using the ADB.
- Using the System App Remover(Root Needed)
Using the ADB
- Head to the Settings > System > About Phone.
- To activate the Developer Options > Click on the build number7.
- Now, open the developer option, that is available in your main settings menu.
- Turn on your USB debugging, once you opened it.
- On your PC, now download the ADB.
- Now, extract the zip file into the folder.
- Open the folder, after you have extracted the zip file.
- Next, press and hold the shift button and right-click in the blank area.
- Now, click on the “Open the Powershell window here”.
- Enter, “.adb devices” command,
- Using the cable, connect your android device to the PC.
- To remove the app, run the command “adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com. Sprint.ms.smf.services”.
Using the System App remover (Root Needed)
Now we will uninstall the carrier hub app using the system app remover with the root needed. To do so, follow the given below steps to do so.
- On your device, download and install the “System App Remover”.
- Now, launch the App and search for the Carrier Hub, and check the box next to it.
- To remove the carrier Hub app, click on the Uninstall button.
You can uninstall the carrier hub app on your device using these two methods.
More Similar Articles
In this article, we have described to you everything about the What is carrier hub, its features, and the issues raised by it. If you have any doubts about what is carrier hub sprint, then feel free to text us. Stay tuned to Techy2Tech for more updates.