Unable to load dll iastorafsserviceapi.dll is an error encountered by many users. We came across the error DLL iastorafsserviceapi.dll where many of the users have getting Intel Optane Memory Pinning unable to load DLL iastorafsserviceapi.dll on their computers while using the Internet Explorer.
Moreover, some users reported that they are getting the error after upgrading to Window 10 1903 or after the fresh installs. Here have observed some of the reasons why the error dll iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll encounter after the updating of the OS.
So, in this article, we will try to resolve the issue unable to load dll iastorafsserviceapi.dll in a step-by-step procedure, and also go through the reasons why the error triggers. Before that let us know what is an Intel Optane Memory Pinning.
What is Intel Optane Memory Pinning?
Intel Optane Memory Pinning is a smart technology that keeps the track of the frequently used apps, documents, files, pictures, videos and remembers them after the shutdown. The error is triggered even if you don’t have any Intel Optane installed on your device. Basically, this error is connected to the Intel Rapid storage technology.
It stores the data frequently used as the RAM, but the only difference is that RAM deletes the temporary memory after the restart of the computer whereas the OPtane keeps the track of the frequently used files, etc., allowing for faster data transfer.
Before you Start
“7th generation” or above the “core i3/i5/i7” are the minimum requirements that you need to check that your system hardware supports and the motherboard able to support or equipped with an Intel Optane Chipset. If you have these requirements then you can continue with the following solutions and you can simply proceed directly with Solution 5 if not you have uninstalled the Optane memory.
Fix Intel Optane memory pinning unable to load dll
We will try to fix the intel Optane memory pinning unable to load dll by performing the steps one after the another. follow the steps to do so to fix unable to load dll iastorafsserviceapi.dll.
Modify Optane Memory
We can start by simply resetting or modifying or re-installing the missing features of the Optane memory. Hence the follow the steps given below
- On the Taskbar, click on the search icon near the start menu and type the “Apps and Features” in the Text field.
- When the window is opened, click on the “search this list” bar search for the Intel Optane and we can find the “Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions” extensions.
- Then you need to click on it, you will see the two options “Modify” and “Uninstall” present there
- By selecting the “Modify” and let it install the application again. Once you have modified it. and close the window.
- Check if it is worked and check if it is worked
Once you have to restart your device, check if the error intel Optane memory pinning unable to load dll iastorafsserviceapi.dll is fixed or not.
Repair the Optane Memory
If the modification of OPtane memory doesn’t work, then you need to repair the Optane memory i.e., to fix the incomplete driver installation.
- On the taskbar, click on the search icon and enter the “Control Panel” in the text box.
- Now click on the Control panel to open it.
- Once you open the Control Panel, head to the “Programs” and then click on the “Programs and Features”.
- From the list of the applications, you need to scroll down to find the Intel “Intel Optane Pining Explorer Extensions” and then select the “Repair” option.
- Once you have done check the intel Optane memory pinning unable to load dll iastorafsserviceapi.dll is fixed or not.
Uninstall the OptaneDrivers
If the repairing of the Optane drivers is failed, then you need to perform this troubleshooting method to uninstall the Optane Driver. Follow the given steps to do so.
- On the taskbar, click on the search icon and enter the “Device Manager” in the text box.
- When the window is opened, then expand the “Software Components”, and select the “Intel Pinning Shell Extensions”.
- Right-click on the Intel Pinning Shell Extensions, and select to uninstall option.
- Once you have installed the Intel Pinning Shell Extensions, restart your computer.
Install the RST Drivers Manually
If the error still exists, unable to load dll iastorafsserviceapi.dll on your device. then install the RST drivers manually. then perform the given below troubleshooting methods to do so.
- Click on the Link, to open the “Downloads for Intel Rapid Storage” page.
- Now, you need to download the latest version of the “Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Installation software”, which is compatible with your operating system.
- Once you have downloaded the “Unzip” file, then double click to start the installation.
- Once you have performed the installation, then you need to restart your device and check if the error is fixed.
Uninstall the Optane Memory
If the above-given steps don’t work for you for the error dll iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll, then you need to uninstall the Optane Memory to get rid of this intel Optane memory pinning unable to load dll that bothers you. To uninstall the Optane Memory, click on the follow the steps1 to steps3, then instead of perform the repairing, click on the Uninstall.
Let it uninstall by granting the Permission. By uninstalling the Optane memory we will be get rid of all the constant windows notifications. You will be end-up blue screen error, if you didn’t disable the Optane memory in the Bios uninstall Optane Memory. So, make sure before you disable Optane Memory in Bios Uninstall Optane memory from the Control Panel. Follow the below-given steps to do so.
- First, restart your computer. Press on the Bios key set by your manufacture which could be F10, F2, F12, F1, or Del, to turn on your Bios
- Look for the “Intel Rapid storage technology”, by navigating towards the “Advanced Mode”.
- Now, select the “Intel PCle” which means Optane Module with the serial number, and then select the “Reset the Non-Optane”.
- Save your changes and then reboot your windows again and fix the “intel Optane memory Pinning Issue”.
Follow Step4, if you would like to install the Optane Memory, again in the future and you can escape from dll iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll error.
Other Similar Articles To Look:
Follow the above-given steps if you encounter the issue on unable to load dll iastorafsserviceapi.dll on your device. Hope you find this article helpful. If you have any doubts feel free to text and stay tuned for more updates. Also for more information on unable to load dll iastorafsserviceapi.dll you can visit Techy2tech website.