When you try to play the game on PS4, then you might come across the error “ps4 LAN cable not connected”, then this might be something much annoying. Then, we are here to provide the solution to your problem.
A few years back ago, the PS4 has encountered the issue ps4 LAN cable not connected. And many of the folks have not found any solution to this issue. This might be caused due to the corrupted cable, or due to the network port.
If you are the one who encountered the error ps4 LAN cable not connected, then in this article, we have provided you the troubleshooting methods that help you fix the issue. Follow the steps as we mentioned so that you will easily able to fix the issue.
How to Fix PS4 LAN cable not connected
Here we have provided you the some of the troubleshooting methods that help you to fix the issue. We have provided you the steps in detail and try to perform the steps as we mentioned so that you can able to perform them easily.
In these troubleshooting methods, you have to try to change the PS4, DNS, or even you have to replace the dynamic IP address with the static IP, and even you have to reinstall the firmware. So, here we have provided you the troubleshoots methods in detail. So, try to perform then as we mentioned.
As you are encountering, the error ps4 lan cable not connected, then rebooting the router might be the effective and the easiest way to get rid of this issue. Follow the steps as we mentioned to reboot your system.
- Unplug the power cable from the Power source.
- Wait for few seconds.
- Again, plugin the cable back into the power source.
Then, you need to wait for the router to reboot and then follow the below-provided steps after rebooting the router.
- Head to the Settings and then click on the “Network”.
- Now, select “Set Up the Internet connection”.
- Then, you have to click on the “Easy” and then locate the “Internet Settings Updated”.
- If this doesn’t help you to fix the issue, then try to restart your router and the Playstation4.
Change Settings of DNS
This error might be fixed if you are trying the replace the DNS with Cloudflare’s or with the Google DNS. Then this helps you to improve the network speed. To change the settings of the DNS, follow the given below steps to do so.
- On your device, head to the Settings.
- Select the option “Network” and then “set up the internet connection”.
- Now, select the option “Custom”.
- Next, you need to select “Automatic IP address settings”.
- Here, don’t specify the DHCP hostname.
- Now, under the DNS settings, select the option “Manual”.
- Then, input (220.127.116.11) as the Primary DNS and the (18.104.22.168) as the secondary DNS.
- Now, under the MTU settings, select “Automatic”.
- And the Proxy server doesn’t use.
- Finally, you can perform your internet connection.
Setup the Static IP address
If changing the DNS settings doesn’t help you to fix the issue, then try to set up the static IP address. Note that the Static IP address doesn’t change to the Dynamic IP address. Then, in such cases, you have to change your PS4 local IP. Be aware that this process will not change your public IP address. To do so follow the given below methods.
- Head to the “Settings” on your device.
- Then click on the Network and from there head to the View connection Status.
- Now, here note down the IP address, Subnet Mask, and the Default gateway and then head back.
- Next, you have to head to the “Set up Internet Connection”, and then select use a “LAN” cable.
- On the next screen, select the custom and then choose the Manual.
Here, you have tp type the IP address of yours, but you not enter the exact IP address. So that you have input the first three letters of your IP address and the remaining last numbers must be in between 2 to 255 as the last numbers of your IP address. Now, you have input the Subnet mask and the Default gateway that you have copied after entering the IP address and then you have to choose the following options.
- MTU: Automatic.
- Proxy Server: Do Not Use.
Now, you have to test your inter-network connection and then it should have to show it is successful. Then, connect the LAN cable, and then finally it will detect the PS4.
In some instances, rebuilding the database might help you to fix the issue ps4 LAN cable not connected. Based on the data that you have on your driver, it might take either 10 minutes or one hour. Therefore, to build the database on the PS4, follow the given below steps to do so.
- Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds, after turning off your PS4, and then wait for about a second beep sound. Now, your console will boot up in safe mode.
- Now, with your Micro USB cable connect to the PS4 controller.
- Then, on your controller click on the PS button.
- Next, to head down use the D-Pad and then choose “Rebuild the database” using the X button.
Finally, you come across the loading screen and wait until you complete the process, and then it will show you the Home page.
So if you are encountering the error, ps4 lan cable not connected then you have to try the resolving methods that we have provided in this article, as any of the methods help you to fix the issue. Let us know in the comment section if you have any doubts regarding ps4 lan cable not connected randomly. Stay tuned to Techy2tech for more updates.