If you face the problem ps4 keeps disconnecting from wifi. PS4 network issue is very common and even sometimes it very hard to figure it out. Then there is no need to worry, in this article, we have provided you the simple and easy troubleshooting methods that help you to fix the issue ps4 keeps disconnecting from wifi.
As we know PS4 is a gaming console, which is developed by Sony. Without the complexities of PC gaming, PS4 is a great way to the game. Moreover using the controller you can move around the entire gaming experience instead of the Keyboard and the Mouse.
You can also watch your favorite TV shows and Movies. The play station4 allows the users to access the variety of the Premium as well as the premium PlayStation network services that include the Play station plus, Playstation store, Playstation music powered by the spoofy, and many more. Let us dive into the topic ps4 pro keeps disconnecting from wifi and methods to fix it.
How to Fix Ps4 Pro Keeps Disconnecting From WiFi
The frequency band is one of the reasons that cause the issue ps4 keeps disconnecting from wifi, where the problem is usually related to its software that can be fixed easily. And in some of the cases, the problem might be with the signal interference caused by the other devices and even with the router replacement.
Select the Frequency Band Manually
Now, network connection issues are related to the frequency bands is one of the biggest cause. Automatic selection of the band is one of the most reasons that most of the PS4 pro consoles face. Moreover, to always use the faster one, the PS4 pro keeps switching between the 2.4GHz and 5Ghz frequency bands but your game lagging most of the time, or even it loses the connection for few seconds. From the console’s network settings. Basically, 5GHz offers less coverage with the faster Internet, whereas the 2.4GHz bach offers high coverage with a lower speed.
Set one of the bands that work better for you after you have to try both the bands. To do so follow the given below steps to do so.
- Head to the settings, > Network > Setup the Internet Connection > Use Wi-Fi > Easy.
- At the bottom of the screen, now look for the “Options Menu” and select it.
- Now, open the “Wi-Fi frequency bands and select either the 2.4 GHz or the 0.5 GHz.
If this method doesn’t help you to fix the issue, then try to perform the other troubleshooting methods to fix the issue.
Reset the Console
Sometimes the error can be fixed by resetting the PS4 in order to fix the issue of ps4 keeps disconnecting from wifi you need to reset the console, and it takes only a few minutes. Follow the given below methods to reset the Console.
- Fully turn off your PS4 console.
- From the back of the unit, unplug the power cable and wait for 5 minutes.
- Now plug the power cable back into the console.
- Next, hold the power button for about 8-10 seconds and then wait for the second beep sound.
- With the USB cable, connect the Dualshock controller to the PS4.
- Now, using the X button, select the “initialize PS4”.
Note: Make sure to backup all your data files as resetting the device will remove the data including the games that are installed. If you don’t want to lose your data, instead of selecting the “Initialize the PS4” you can “Restart the PS4”.
Reboot your router
If the error still persists then try to reboot your router, that helps you to fix the issue ps4 pro keeps disconnecting from wifi. To do so, follow the given below steps.
- Unplug the router from the power source.
- Wait for few seconds and again plugin back the router to the power source.
After rebooting your router, try reconnecting it with your PS4. Hopefully, you will not experience the issue ps4 keeps disconnecting from wifi, if the error is caused due to a problem with the router. If this method doesn’t help you to fix the issue, try to contact your ISP, or else you can also manually test the internet speed with the help of the PS4’s Test internet Connection option.
Reinstall the Game
Sometimes, while you are playing certain games like Modern Warefare etc., you might experience the Wi-Fi dropout issue. So, in this situation, you have to reinstall the game so that it might help you to fix the issue. To do so follow the given below steps.
- From the Main Menu, head to the “Game”. and then highlight the desired game.
- Now, on the PS4 controller press the options button.
- Then from the menu, select the “Delete” option and click on it. Once you have done the game will be complete.
Once you have uninstalled the game from your PC, then either by using the physical disc you can install it again or you can download it again if you have purchased it from the play station.
Change DNS settings on the PS4
Wi-Fi dropping issue might be fixed by changing the DNS(Domain Name Settings) of the PS4, and it will provide you the better internet speed. But it is suggested using the “Cloudflare’s or the Google DNS”. To change the DNS follow the given below steps.
- Open the PS4 settings on your device.
- Network > then Setup the internet connection.
- Now, select “Wi-Fi”.
- Then select “Custom”.
- For the IP address settings, select “Automatic”.
- Don’t specify the DHCP Host Name.
- Under the DNS settings, select the option “Manual”.
- Now, enter “22.214.171.124” as the primary DNS and “126.96.36.199” as the secondary DNS.
- For the MNU settings, choose “Automatic”.
- Next, select “Don’t use under the proxy Server”.
- Then, click on the test your Internet.
These are the few troubleshooting methods that help you fix if these methods don’t help then you can Rebuild your Database on the PS4, Set the IP address for your PS4 and even you can rearrange your Setup.
What to do if Nothing Works?
If nothing works for you to fix ps4 keeps disconnecting from wifi then you have to connect your PS4 to the ethernet cable as it might provide you a reliable internet connection and it provides a faster network compare to Wi-Fi. To connect the PS4 with the ethernet cable follow the given below steps.
- First, you need to connect the ethernet cable to the ethernet ports of the Wi-Fi and PS4.
- Now, turn on your PS4 and the router.
- Then head to the PS4 settings.
- Next, select Network.
- Choose the “SetUP Internet Connection.
- Then, Use LAN cable > Easy.
This troubleshooting method might help you to fix the issue, ps4 pro keeps disconnecting from wifi.
Contact the Customer Support
Even if this doesn’t help you then you need to contact the Help desk. Either you can contact your service provider or if your PS4 is under warranty then you can ask for a replacement.
More Similar Articles To Check:
- Unable to load dll iastorafsserviceapi.dll
- ss3svc64.exe on startup
- The witcher 3 script compilation error fix
The above-provided troubleshooting methods help you to resolve the issue ps4 keeps disconnecting from wifi. Any of the methods might help you to fix the issue. If you have any doubts about the ps4 slim keeps disconnecting from wifi feel free to text us and stay tuned to Techy2Tech for more updates.