All of a sudden when your ps4 controller keeps disconnecting from pc while you are watching your favorite game on steam might quite annoying. With both the USB and the Bluetooth controllers this issue might be common. Some of the people reported that their controllers are disconnects randomly while some other people state that when they are connecting to it for a few seconds the controller disconnect from it.
What is PS4? PS4 is one of the most popular sony consoles that provides you a unique gaming experience. Most of the users found that the PS4 controller keeps disconnecting on the windows when most of the users like to import the Controller Gameplay” experience to their PC.
From the Bluetooth or the wired your PS4 controller keeps disconnecting then in this article we will provide you the complied solutions that will help you to fix the issues. So, you have to make sure that to follow the steps accurately to resolve them properly and also keep continue reading this till the end as any one of the techniques might help you to fix the issue.
How to Fix Ps4 Controller Keeps Disconnecting From PC?
This error is faced by many of the players. There are might be several reasons that cause the issues. Then we will guide you with the most effective methods that resolved the issues in most cases. So, try to perform the methods as we mentioned so that you may not confuse while you are trying.
Install the DS4 Controller on your Device
If you are encountering the error Ps4 Controller Keeps Disconnecting From PC, try to install the DS4 windows with the latest versions on your device to fix this issue that you are encountering. To do so follow the given below steps.
- Click on the given link to download and install the program with the following on-screen instructions.
Now you have to connect the controllers via this program and then check if ps4 controller keeps disconnecting from pc wired issue is resolved or not.
Install the Latest Bluetooth Drivers
For those who use the Bluetooth controller, then you may face the issue ps4 controller keeps disconnecting from pc Bluetooth. The below method helps you to fix the issue in most cases. To install the latest Bluetooth drivers follow the given below steps.
- You have to download the Bluetooth if your device is running old Bluetooth drivers or has no wireless drivers at all.
- To download and install the Bluetooth drivers that are compatible with your version of your windows, then click on the given link and then follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
Now, reconnect the controller back and check if the issue ps4 controller keeps disconnecting from pc Bluetooth is resolved or not. If not the perform another method.
Reset PS4 Controller
If the above methods don’t help you to fix the error, then try to rest the PS4 controller that might help you to fix the error. Then to reset the PS4 controller follow the given below steps.
- Power off your PS4 and then locate on the Power button located at the back of the controller, close the L2 shoulder button.
- Next, take the needle and then push and hold the reset button for at least 6 seconds.
Then, release the button and reconnect your controllers to the PS4 console. Finally, power ON your PS4 and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Reset the PS4 to the Factory Settings
Even after restarting the resetting, the PS4 doesn’t help you to fix the error, then restart your PS4, so that it helps you to fix the error ps4 controller keeps disconnecting from pc. To do so follow the given below steps.
- First, launch into the PS4 “Settings” option and then select “Initialization”.
- Now, click on the “Restore default settings” and then follow the on-screen instructions to do so.
- While trying this make sure that your device is not unplugged as it will damage the system permanently and this issue ps4 controller keeps disconnecting from pc is rectified.
Also Check: Autoupdate cannot connect to the update server
Reset the Connections
Try to reset the connection if the above troubleshooting methods fail to resolve it. Sometimes the resetting the connections might help you to resolve the issue on the PS4. Then try the below-mentioned steps to do so.
- First. you have to make sure that your PS4 is turned on and it is running fine.
- Next, disconnect your controllers from the Bluetooth and then press and hold the “PS + Share” button together for a couple of seconds.
- Now, release the buttons after few seconds and then check if the issue is resolved or not.
Clear the Cache on PS4
Sometimes the cache that is stored on the pS4 might be one of the reasons that cause the issue ps4 controller keeps disconnecting from pc, therefore clearing the cache might help you to resolve this issue. Then try the below-provided steps to do so.
- Press the PS4 button and then head to the “Quick Menu” option.
- Next, select the option “Turn off the Playstation4” and then wait for the light that stops flashing.
- Again, from the game console unplug the source and wait for almost 3 to 4 minutes and then again reconnect the power source controller and turn on your PS4.
Remove the USB Cable
This is the alternative, if you have found that your wire is damaged at the point then you have to remove the USB cable and then connect the via Bluetooth service. To try this follow the given below steps to do so.
- From both the devices (PC and the Controllers), Turn “ON” the Bluetooth.
- Press the “Windows + I” keys together to open the windows settings.
- Now, click on the “+” icon linked with the “Add Bluetooth or the Other Device” and then you have to select the “Wireless Controllers” from the list of the available services.
At last, check, if they try to play the games and check if the controllers are working properly or not.
If none of the methods worked for you to fix the issue ps4 controller keeps disconnecting from pc then it might the fault of your controllers. Therefore, try to use some other PS4 to check if it is your Controller Fault. If you have any doubts feel free to text us at Techy2Tech and we will solve the issue as soon as possible.