Plex Remote Not Working: Do you have a plex remote that is not working? Follow the troubleshooting tips below to fix it. First, try unplugging your Roku and plugging it back in after 30 seconds. This will reset the device.
If that does not work, try turning off your wifi router or modem for 5 minutes before turning them back on again. Most of the time this fixes any issues with signal interference from other devices.
This article will give troubleshooting tips to help you fix your plex remote not working. Here are a few things to try like Check for batteries, and if they need replacing or reinserting
What is Plex Remote
Plex Remote is a free app that you can use to control your Plex Media Server. You can use it to access your movies, TV shows, music, and photos from any device with the Plex app installed.
If the plex remote not working it will give you some tips to try if your Plex remote is unplugging your Roku and plugging it back in after 30 seconds. This will reset the device.
Why is My Plex Remote not Working
There are many reasons why your Plex remote might not be working. Some of the most common reasons are listed below to Check for batteries, and if they need replacing or reinserting
Make sure that your Roku is connected to the same network as your Plex Media Server and also if you have a firewall enabled on your router, make sure that the Plex Media Server is added to its whitelist. If you have tried all of these fixes and your plex remote not working then make sure that the device which you are trying to control with your plex remote is on.
How To Fix Plex Remote Not Working
If you have followed all of the troubleshooting tips and your Plex remote is still not working, then there are a few other things that you can try. The first thing to do is to delete and reinstall the Plex app on your device. See the below methods to fix plex remote:
Delete and Reinstall the Plex App on your device
First, delete the app from your device. This can be done by following these steps for each device you want to control with a Plex remote. On Android devices go to Settings > Apps or Application manager > Click on Show system apps > Search for Plex Media Server and Plex and then tap on them to uninstall.
On iOS devices go to General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage > Plex Media Server > Delete App
Once the app is deleted, reinstall it by downloading it from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Reset Network Settings on your Device
If you have tried the above methods and your plex remote not working, then try resetting network settings on your device. Go to Settings > General > Reset Button/Reset Network Setting or follow these steps for each operating system below:
- On iOS devices go to Settings > General (or just click on About) > Wifi or Mobile Data (whichever you’re using) > Tap on the Reset Network Settings button.
- On Android devices go to Settings > Wi-Fi or Mobile Networks > More (or just tap on the three dots in the top right corner) > Advanced Settings > and then tap on Reset Wi-Fi settings
- On Windows Phone devices open up your App list and scroll down to Settings > Network & Wireless > Wi-Fi and then tap on the Reset button.
- On Macs go to System Preferences > Network > Advanced (or click on the gear icon in the lower-left corner) > select DNS tab at the top, then click the Clear button
After resetting your network settings, try connecting to your Plex Media Server again and see if your Plex remote is working. Also, read this article on how to fix ATT TV Remote not working issue.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Plex Media Server
If you have tried all of the above methods and your plex remote not working, then try uninstalling and reinstalling the Plex Media Server on your computer. This can be done by following these steps:
- On Windows go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Plex Media Server > Uninstall
- On Macs open up Finder and in the menu bar click on Go > Applications. Then scroll down to Plex Media Server and drag it into the Trash can. You can also open up Terminal (Applications > Utilities) and type in sudo rm -r /Applications/Plex\ Media\ Server.app to uninstall the Plex Media Server.
After uninstalling the Plex Media Server, reinstall it by downloading it from our website.
If you are still having problems with your plex remote not working after trying these methods, then please contact us for further assistance.
Hope the article on Plex remote not working was helpful. If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave a comment below. Make sure that your Roku is connected to the same network as your Plex Media Server. For more information simply visit us at the www.techy2tech.com website.