On your Android or the tablets of brands like Motorola and LG, you might come across the error mip 67. Therefore, in this article, we will come across, what is mip 67 and why it encounters on your device. These steps apply to every device and the fixing method is the same, it doesn’t matter if you are using the Sprint Service, Boost, or any other cellular network.
Now a days the android and internet users are growing day by day. Internet is required almost for everything these days. Whatever it might be either to check out the location, learning the new courses and for many more you need the internet.
Sometimes you may unable to connect to the internet and use the mobile data and you may come across the error, where one such error is mip 67, which we discuss today.
How to Fix MIP 67?
If you are the one who encountered the error mip 67 error, then we have provided you the some of the troubleshooting methods that help you to fix the mip 67. Then follow the given below steps to do so.
Turn Off your Mobile Data or Turn it on Again
Turnoffs your mobile data might help you to fix the error as the mobile data will not attempt to check for the cellular services. Therefore, try to turn off and turn on your Mobile data after a few seconds.
If this helps you to fix the error, then try to reinsert your device as this might help you to do so.
Restart your Device
Sometimes, this error might encounter due to temporary glitches. Then in such cases, you have to restart your device to resolve the issue. Try restarting your device. After you have restarted your device then try to reconnect to the internet and check if the error persists or not.
If it is caused due to temporary glitch, then the error might be resolved. If not then try another troubleshooting method.
Troubleshoot and Change the Network Mode
To get this problem fixed, try this method so that it helps you to fix the error mip error 67, to do so follow the given below steps.
- Head to the Settings > Networks Tab > More > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Select the LTE/CDMA> then click on “OK”.
It is noted that the path is not the same for all the devices, Whereas the ultimate destination is going to be with the network options. Sometimes, as you have chosen the wrong network mode, then this error might encounters. Therefore, choosing the right network mode is important for the carrier to send the packets of the data. There to get the device to better connect to the internet, then changing the network mode to the correct one will help you to achieve this.
Try to update your service, after you have done changing the network mode. To do so, follow the given below steps.
- Head to the settings.
- Click on the “General Tab”.
- Locate the System Updates and click on it.
- Now, head to the “Update Profile”.
Now, test the service, after you have to update the profile and then if the error persists or not. Everything is OK, then the error is solved, or else the problem is not due to the bad network mode, then you have to set your network mode back again to what it is.
Update the Preferred Roaming List of the Device
What is PRL(Preferred Roaming List)? It is the database that is stored on CDMA devices. During the acquisition procedure, it could contain the information used.
Moreover, if you are dealing with the MIP 67 pop issue, then occasionally updated PRL is recommended to receive excellent service. Therefore, sometimes, this error might help you to fix the error.
You need to make sure, if your device, is connected to the Wi-Fi before you are trying the below-mentioned steps.
- On your device, open the settings.
- Now, scroll down and tap on the “Software Updates”.
- Then tap on “Update PRL”.
- Once everything is done, click on the “OK”.
Instead of these steps you can even call the “*228” and select “2” to update your phone’s PRL. After a few minutes, you can get the confirmation method.
Change the Mobile Station ID(MSID)
Your device can be prevented from using the network services, if are using the wrong MSID, which also known as the MIN(Mobile Identification Number), which eventually triggers the MIP 67 authentication error.
Therefore, to ask them for your MSID, you have to contact the customer support of your service provider. Once you get your MSID, then follow the given below steps.
- Open your dial pad and enter “##847446#” and tap Edit.
- Next, enter the “MSID” which is provided with your support team, and click on “OK”.
- Now, the handset will be a reboot and the mip 67 error pop-up will not be shown.
If Nothing Works, then what to do?
If the above methods don’t help you to resolve the issue, then there might be some things that you need to try. Below, we have provided some of the techniques that help you to resolve the issue mip 67 error.
- Call your service provider, and check if they have the correct ESN and the sim number.
- Using your phone, try failing “##72786#” this will helps you to reboot your device, and also in some cases, it fixes the MIP 67 error.
- As your mobile data fails to get the mobile data, then you might encounter the error mip 67 error, In such cases remove the sim if your phone has the SIM card without a service plan.
- If nothing works, then perform the factory reset. Therefore, factory resetting the device might arise the all the data and restores it to the original state as it erases all your stored data. So, therefore it is recommended to backup your data before you perform the factory reset.
- Even try to use Wi-Fi instead of the mobile network, if none of the methods works for you.
More Similar Articles
Finally, in this article, we have provided in detail what is mip 67 error, and how to fix it. Try all the troubleshooting methods as any of the methods might help you to fix the issue. If you have any doubts about MIP error 67, then feel free to text us at Techy2Tech website.