In the device admin, you might probably come across the klms agent. You may wonder what it is and what its use. Don’t worry in this article we will provide everything about the klms agent that you need to know.
What is KLMs agent? KLM’s are also known as the com.samsung. This is the Samsung proprietary security framework Knox. To keep the business devices like smartphones, tablets, etc., more secure then there comes the use of the Knox which is designed for organizations. And moreover, Samsung has designed the Knox which is integrated from the hardware chip in order to isolate, encrypt, and secure your data including your passwords, credit card transactions, and many more.
Therefore, if you don’t know any about the klms agent that is available on your smartphone. Then in this article, we will provide you everything about the klms agent that you need to know regarding its use and it good to remove the agent from your device.
- 1 How to Uninstall the KLMS Agent
- 1.1 KLMS Agent A Spyware
- 1.2 Do the System Resources are Used by the KLMS Agent
- 1.3 Is It Possible To Remove KLMS Agent
- 1.4 Uninstallation of KLMS Agent Without Root
- 1.5 The process to Root your Device
- 1.6 Uninstallation of KLMS Agent With Root
- 1.7 Conclusion
How to Uninstall the KLMS Agent
You have to remember that Samsung comes with multiple in-built apps. KLMS is not only the system app that uses the CPU and RAM. These in-built apps sometimes act like Bloatware. Then you might think about how to remove this KLMS agent from your device. Follow this tutorial to know the methods how to uninstall the app from your device.
KLMS Agent A Spyware
No, KLMS Agent is not the spyware. It is part of the Samsung Knox. As this service runs in the background it uses high CPU power and RAM, so that people might think that this is the sort of bloatware who don’t have any idea about this service.
Do the System Resources are Used by the KLMS Agent
Yes, the KLMS uses the system resources as this is the system app. This service consumes the system resources as this service runs in the background to work properly. Therefore, most of the people who don’t have any idea about this service would like to remove this app from their device as this app uses the system resources in the background.
Some of the people had reported that this service is consuming the CPU and also uses the RAM, even it drains the battery. But you have to aware that the KLMS Agent is the system resource and this uses the CPU and the RAM.
Is It Possible To Remove KLMS Agent
As we discussed above, KLMS Agent is part of the Samsung security framework Knox. So, removing the KLMS Agent from your device stops working on some of the features of the Knox. Instead of uninstalling the KLMS Agent, you can disable the KLMS Agent.
Here we have provided you with some of the methods to uninstall or remove the KLMS Agent from your device. To do so, follow the given below steps.
Uninstallation of KLMS Agent Without Root
Here we have to remove KLMS Agent without rooting the device, to do so follow the given below step to do so.
- On your device, open the Knox app and click on “Settings”.
- Head to the “Knox Settings” tab.
- In that select, “Uninstall Knox”.
- Now, it will ask you to backup the Knox data. Then, select the “Backup Now” and then you need to click on the “OK” button.
This process will remove all the Knox from your device, if this doesn’t work you to remove the app without rooting then try to remove the app with rooting.
The process to Root your Device
As the removal of the app without rooting doesn’t work for you, then you have to remove them with rooting. To do so first you need to root your device to remove the app as this rooting might help you to do so. Here we have provided you the steps to root your device. You can root your device with a computer and Android app. Some of the new generation devices don’t root without the computer. First, we will perform the rooting with the android app, if this doesn’t work for you then we will perform the rooting with the computer.
Root without Computer (With Android App)
Here we will perform the rooting of your device without a computer, here we will perform the rooting with the Android app. To do so follow the given below steps that we have provided.
- Head to the play store, download, and install the “Kingoroot” app on your android app.
- Now, click on the “OneClickRoot” button.
- Next, for the process, until it completes.
If this process fails, then it asks you to download the kingoroot for PC. Below we have mentioned to you the steps to root the device with your PC.
Root Device with PC
If rooting with the android app doesn’t work for you, then you need to perform the rooting with your device. To do so follow the given below methods.
- On your device, head to the Settings.
- Now, click on the System and then head to the About Phone.
- Next, until to activate the “Developer” options, continuously click on the “Build Number”.
- Now, you have to turn on the “USB Debugging” and “OEM unlocking”.
- Download and install the Kingoroot on your PC.
- Once, you have installed the Kingoroot, with the help of the USB cable connect your android phone to your PC.
- Now, open the Kingoroot app and then click on the “Root” button.
- If you have rooted your device, then eject your device from the PC.
The above-mentioned steps will help you to root your device with the help of the PC.
Uninstallation of KLMS Agent With Root
Some apps that are installed on your device by the manufacture are hard to remove, therefore, rooting of the device is necessary to remove the app from the device. To do so follow the given below steps.
- Head to google play store to download and install the TitaniumBackup.
- Once, you installed the app on your device, now open it.
- Then, search for Knox and there you will get the list of the app that are related.
- Now select the below-specified apps and remove them.
Knox Notification Manager
- Once, you have uninstalled the apps, reboot the device.
I hope the above-provided steps will help you to uninstall or remove the klms agent and is it safe to use. If you have doubts about klms agent safe to remove then let us know in the comment section. Stay tuned to Techy2Tech for more updates.