You may wonder is CCleaner safe to use? Most people are wondering if the CCleaner is the best safe software, that helps you to clean the junk files that even the disk cleanup will not do. But when I have gone through the google CCleaner review that many of the people are profound of it, but when considering through the WiKi page, in the year 2017 it was infected by the Virus. So, in this article, we will answer your question is CCleaner safe?
CCleaner is a program that is used to delete the junk or unnecessary files or invalid windows registry entries from your computer. It is developed by the Piriform but was originally developed for Microsoft Windows only. It was first launched in 2014, was the longest-established system cleaners. As it is first for the Windows but later macOS version was also released.
If are in doubt about whether to use the CCleaner.Firstly it was Yes! but after the reply is not sure and it tends to several software problems, as the CCleaner has been hacked at the end of 2017, as a result of being infected by the malware over 2 million PC users are at risk. Then from the incident, is CCleaner safe is the often asked question in Google.
Is CCleaner safe To Use
Luckily, when the CCleaner is found and updated automatically the issue was solved. But still, if the question is CCleaner safe, then the answer is probably not. Here are some of the issues that may put your system at risk.
- Updating without the user’s permission.
- Enabling the Collection options of the user system information.
- Hard to exit once you launch the CCleaner.
- It monitors the System information of the user.
- CCleaner had malware that capability to run the code on the influenced systems.
With those issues that occur with the CCleaner, it better to uninstall the CCleaner if you felt it is not safe to use on your device. Follow the below troubleshooting methods to uninstall the CCleaner.
Uninstall the CCleaner
As the CCleaner may harm your computer as it is not safe to use the CCleaner. For your safety, it is considered to uninstall the CCleaner as it reduces the risk. Follow the given below steps to uninstall the CCleaner from your device.
It is very easy to delete the CCleaner from your device, to do follow the below-given steps if don’t know how to install it from your device.
- Open the Settings on your device.
- Head to Apps and select App & Features.
- Scroll to the given list and locate the CCleaner in the given list or search it through the search box by inputting its name.
- Select the CCleaner and right-click on it.
- Then select the Uninstall option to uninstall the CCleaner.
Even after uninstalling the CCleaner on your device, you don’t need to worry about how to find the replacement to clean your PC? In windows 10 you may find plenty of in-built features that replaces the CCleaner functionalities on your device.
To finish the work that previously belongs to the CCleaner, you need the other alternatives, even after the installation of the CCleaner. So, try to find the alternatives that boast the features of the CCleaner to clean your PC. As the CCleaner is responsible to clean the junk files, clearing the cache memory, removing the start-up items, and uninstalling th programs. Here we have listed the respective alternatives.
Clean the junk files
To protect your PC, clean the junk files on the system. Follow the given below steps to perform to clean the junk files on your system.
- On the task manager, locate the Search icon and enter the Disk cleanup in the search box.
- From the search list, select the Disk Cleanup.
- The program will calculate the size of all files in the system automatically, after allowing the operation.
- Now, choose the files that you would like to delete. To carry it out, choose the “Clean up system files”.
- In widows10, you can access the “Storage Sense”, alternatively by following the step listed below.
- Settings > System > Storage.
- Under Storage Sense, select “Change how we free up space”.
- Then you have a file type that you would like to delete. The operation is carried out automatically, after the deletion of the files.
This is how you can delete the junk files on your device with the windows in-built feature.
CCleaner clears the cache files from your browser and even other programs too, in addition to the unnecessary files. Just to the right side of the browser, you are allowed to clear your browser history, cache as well as other information. Now, we will discuss the how-to clear cache memory in google chrome. Follow the steps to delete the cache files on google.
- Press and hold on the “Ctrl + Shift + Del” keys.
- Now, it navigates to the settings page.
- Select the cash in a certain time period like last hour, last day, last week. last four weeks, or all time.
- Now select the set time period for all time and delete the cache files by clicking on the “Clear Data” button.
- After clearing the cache files, now reload your site.
Uninstall the Programs and Remove the Startup Items
In the windows built-in options, several functions of the Cleaner are available. Instead, you can use the built-in features of the windows and uninstall the CCleaner. Follow the given below steps to uninstall the CCleaner on your device.
- To uninstall the CCleaner, head to settings > System > Storage.
By using the “Task Manager” it is simple to manage the startup programs with the below-given steps.
- Press and hold on the “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” keys or right-click on the taskbar and then select the Task Manager to open it.
- A Task Manager window will be opened.
- Now, you have to switch to the Startup option, when logging you can see all the running contents.
- Then, right-click on the program, to delete it from the Startup click on disable.
With a few clicks, the wipe disk feature of the mini tool partition wizards enables you to clean up the disk. This the alternative to the wipe disk feature of the CCleaner. Here we have mentioned the steps to wipe the disk in the MiniTool Partition wizard.
- Select the target disk, in the left action panel click Wipe Disk.
- From the given 5 options choose the wipe method and then click on the OK button.
- On the main page, you can able to preview the wiping result, by clicking on the “Apply Button” it only works after applying the operation.
- You can find out that the Wiping Tool Partition Wizard. according to the above steps is time-saving and also reliable. Hence you can try it now.
After it crashes, System restore enables you to recover the system to the previous version. This neither way that you need to reinstall the system nor suffer from data loss. The system restore of the CCleaner is also the built-in feature of the windows built-in functionality.
Other Similar Articles To Look:
You can also use the window in-built features to clean your PC as is CCleaner safe or is CCleaner good. After you are reading the above-mentioned content on is CCleaner safe, to conclude that the CCleaner is not the most ideal tool to clean your PC. Where the alternatives can also perform the same operations as the CCleaner tasks. If you have any doubts, text us in the comment section and stay tuned for more updates in Techy2Tech website.