If you are using the AppleTV 4k or the Apple TV HD, when you are finished watching the video, you can quickly stop watching and go to sleep. But whereas there is no option of the off switch. In a short, you have q doubt or a question about how to turn off apple tv? then the answer is you don’t.
There is no off switch option in the Apple TV and there hasn’t ever been one. Unfortunately, Apple will add that feature in future Apple TV devices. Moreover which doesn’t mean that you have to leave it o without turning it off and playing the Videos on the Apple TV all the time.
with caution, when you walk away from the Apple TV, and it will put the TV (itself) to sleep after 15 minutes. There you can set the timer that to be longer period or for short period or to put the TV to sleep immediately, then you can pick the two different ways. So, keep continuing reading this article as we are going to discuss how to put the Apple TV off.
How To Turn Off Apple TV?
Even though the Apple TV has no power button, then in this article we will discuss how to turn off the apple tv or how to turn off apple tv 4. The process is similar to all the models, but mainly the instructions apply for the new apple TVs or for the 4th-generation apple tv.
How To Turn Off Apple TV with Remote?
If you would like to turn off the apple tv with the remote or by using the on-screen commands, then you have the two options for turning off the AppleTV. Follow the given below steps to turn off the apple tv with the Remote.
- On the Apple TV Remote, hold down the Home Button. On the screen, a menu will appear. The menu will slide from the right side of the screen in the tvOS and later, whereas the latest version option will appear in the center. But remember that, for the last models of the hardware, until the TV goes to sleep you have to hold down the pause or the play button.
- Now, Click Sleep.
- On the Apple TV remote, press any button to wake the TV from sleep mode.
How to Turn off the Apple TV with the On-Screen Commands?
You can also turn off apple tv 4k or turn off apple tv using the on-screen commands, where you can also put the screen off from the settings. Follow the given below steps to do so.
- First, you have to open the Settings.
- At the bottom of the Menu, slowly scroll down to the option “Sleep Now”. Then click on it to put the Apple TV to sleep.
Note: The Sleep Now option, in the first and the second-generation Apple TV is known as the “Standby”.
- If you would like to turn the Apple TV, then click on the Button on the Apple TV remote to wake the screen from sleep.
How to Change the Auto-Sleep Settings?
After a period of inactivity, you can also set the option that can control, when your device can automatically go to sleep, in addition to manually turning off the TV. To change the settings, follow the given below steps to do so.
- Head to the settings, in your Apple TV.
- Then select the “General”.
- Now, you have to select “Sleep After”.
- Then, you can choose or select the option, when your device can go to sleep after it is being inactive. These include, never, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 5 hours, or even 10 hours.
If your walk away from the Apple TV 4k or Apple TV HD then it will switch itself off if you are not watching the TV. The Apple TV 4k or Apple TV HD devices make themselves sure that you have gone and it goes to sleep after you leave the Apple TV on the main page for a long time. But remember if you have left it playing the video on the TV, then it won’t go to sleep. In such cases, you have to tune to the channel and have to left it at the end of the show, but the Apple TV is still active and the videos are playing.
If you are switch to youtube to solely watch the video, then even in your absence the youtube keeps on playing the videos one after the another and next, next, and so on. So on your Siri Remote make sure to go to the Home screen when you have done.
How to put your Connected television and Apple TV to sleep?
You will need the tvOS 13 or later this option to put your connected television and apple tv to sleep. Follow the given below steps to put the Apple TV and the connected television to sleep.
- To get on the top level of the Apple TV, press the home button.
- For a few seconds, press and hold that same home button.
- Choose sleep All Connected Devices, from the option that can appear.
Typically, you will find that your TV immediately will set to go Standby, and then after a few seconds, your Apple TV will do the same.
How to turn on your Apple TV?
After your Apple TV goes to the Sleep, then you need to turn on your Apple TV back again in such cases all you need to do is press the Menu buttons or the home on your remotes, as these methods for both the Old and the new Apple TV models. In case if you don’t have your Apple remote then you can unplug your device and plug it back in again to turn on the Device.
Other Articles To Look:
If you don’t know how to turn off apple tv 4 or how to turn off apple tv, then the above-discussed techniques will help to Turn Off your Apple TV or Turn On your Apple TV. If you have any doubts, feel free to text us and stay tuned with Techy2Tech for more updates.