We write again about one of the games that has the most users, counting all the platforms for which it is available. This game could not be other than Minecraft, the favorite game of creative minds and craft lovers.
If the other day we talked to you about how to find villages in Minecraft and everything important that you had to take into account regarding them, this time we are going to tell you how to tame an ocelot in the Mojang Studios game.
From TecVideos, we are going to explain step by step how to tame an ocelot in Minecraft, in addition to showing you where to find them and, finally, we will give you some very useful tips to keep in mind when taming them.
Where to find ocelots
To begin, let’s go with the first thing you have to take into account before explaining how to tame an ocelot in Minecraft: where you can find these beings.
Ocelots are found in jungle biomes exclusively, but they won’t approach you directly, in fact they’ll run away if you approach too sharply. Therefore, you must look for them in open spaces to have more options to find them. You do not have to worry about the possibility that they will attack you and hurt you, since being passive creatures they will not hurt you.
By the way, if you’re playing in Creative mode, you can use a Ocelot Spawn Egg so that they are not scarce and you have ocelots everywhere, as many as you like.
How to tame an ocelot step by step
That said, we can now get down to business and explain how to tame an ocelot in Minecraft step by step:
- First of all, you will have to go to catch 20 raw fish with your fishing rod, whether in a lake or a river. Specifically, you have to fish for raw cod or raw salmon.
- Once you have the necessary fish, head to a jungle biome and look for an ocelot. Keep in mind that if you get too close to one of them, they can run away, so be careful. Approach him slowly, and if you do it crouching, the better.
- To attract him, you have to hold raw fish in your hand. The ocelot will start looking for food and will slowly approach you. Once he’s close, feed him. This varies depending on the platform you’re playing on: if it’s on PC, click the right mouse button and hold it down. If it’s on a mobile device, press and hold the screen. On Xbox, press LT. On PlayStation press and hold L2. Lastly, on Nintendo Switch, do the same, but in ZL.
- keep feeding him until red hearts appear above your head. In this way, the ocelot will already be tamed.
As you can see, the process is quite simple and fast, as long as you don’t run away. To avoid it, keep a safe distance and try to tame it.
Tips when taming ocelots
Once you have your ocelot tamed you will wonder what to do with it. That is why we are going to give you some other advice that will be very useful for you to know what to do with your new friend in Minecraft:
- Perhaps the most important thing to know is that ocelots, like cats, they will not stay by your side without any kind of incentive. So, if you want him to stay with you, you will have to bribe him with food. To do this, it will be enough for you to have raw fish in your hand (remember: raw cod or raw salmon) so that it stays close to you.
- Also, this interests you a lot, since if you plan to go somewhere that is very busy with Creepers, ocelots are ideal for scaring them away. Wow, they are a good threat repellant, so you want to keep him happy.
- By the way, before I finish, you might be interested to know that if you feed a baby ocelot, this one will become an adultwhich will surely be very useful if you want to take it with you to walk among the Creepers.
So far we leave you our guide on how to tame an ocelot in minecraft. We hope that it has helped you in your games, or will do so in the next ones. Soon we will bring more content about the game from Mojang Studios.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to tame an ocelot in Minecraftwe recommend that you enter our Games category.