The presence of advertisements in Chrome can be somewhat annoying, in addition to consuming time and resources. However, there are several methods that will allow you to get rid of it once and for all, do you want to know them?
In this TecVídeos article we will teach you how to remove ads from Chrome on your PC and mobileas well as some of the best extensions for it, don’t miss out!
Removing ads from Chrome on your PC is a simple and quick process, so you can configure your browser to block these pop-ups in just a few steps. In this way, you can control the content displayed on the pages you visit. To do so, you must follow these Steps:
- Open the Chrome browser and click on the 3 vertical dots located in the upper right corner of the window.
- Select the “Settings” option from the menu.
- Once inside, choose the category “Privacy & Security” which is in the left column.
- Among the given options, go to “Website configuration”.
From here, perform the same process with the categories “Pop-ups and redirects” and “Advertisements”:
- Enter the category in question and check the boxes “Do not allow” and “Block” respectively.
- You can also customize it by adding specific sites where you want to disable ads or make exceptions.
Every day more applications with ads enter the market due to their good positioning. The process to remove Chrome advertising on cell phones is very similar to the one followed on PC. If your device uses the Android systemthe steps to follow are these:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click on the 3 vertical dots next to the address bar and select “Settings”.
- Tap “Site Settings” and then “Pop-ups and Redirects”.
- Make sure to disable pop-ups.
At iOS operating systemthe process to block Chrome ads is this:
- Enter the Chrome browser.
- Click on the 3 points located in the upper area of the interface.
- Go to “Settings” > “Content settings” > “Block pop-ups”.
- A window will open where you can disable the ads.
Once the process is finished, the browser will automatically lock any pop-up windows generated by the pages, including advertisements. You may still see some types of ads, which you can remove with the help of extensions.
Some Chrome extensions or apps They block all kinds of ads that appear on the websites you visit. With them it is very easy to get rid of any invasive advertising.
To get them, you must access the menu of 3 vertical points in the browser. There go to “More tools” > “Extensions”. In the left menu, open the Chrome Web Store and enter the name of the extension in the search bar. Click on the correct option and then click on “Add to Chrome”. will now start the extension installation and you must accept the terms. Then, it will redirect you to a new window to configure the application, installing itself in the upper right corner of the browser.
The Chrome extensions to block ads that produce the best results and also the most recognized are:
This extension performs remove ads and stop trackers quickly. In this way, it protects your privacy and exercises control over who is allowed to collect your data within the web. In addition, it has many additional features, such as anti-tracking, performance improvement and web page acceleration.
It is an advertising blocker with great efficiency, having thousands of filters that can be applied by removing intrusive content. On the other hand, it features excellent power while keeping minimal memory and CPU consumption.
Its large capacity allows to block popups and ads at the same time. In the same way, it speeds up the loading time on websites while saving bandwidth. It also increases your security and privacy by restricting spyware, malware, adware, and phishing.
Offers a free lite version and the Premium option with better performance and more features.
The efficiency of this tool is something that characterizes it, since it works automatically with Chrome. In this way, it allows its users create a white list with their favorite pages and discreet ads they want to see. In addition, with the extension you can lock by default all ads.