Have you accidentally missed important conversations? The most effective way to recover deleted WhatsApp messages is by restoring the chats backup. To do so, you need to delete the app and reinstall it, but what if you don’t have a backup or don’t want to delete the app?
If this is your case, in this TecVideos article we are going to explore all the options you have to know how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages without uninstalling it. It is important that you keep in mind that it will always be better if you have the backup, because you will have the guarantee that you will be able to recover your messages no matter how old they are.
- 1 Can you recover deleted WhatsApp messages without uninstalling it?
- 2 How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android
- 3 How to recover WhatsApp messages without uninstalling it on iOS
- 4 How to make a backup on WhatsApp
- 5 Other applications to recover deleted WhatsApp messages
Can you recover deleted WhatsApp messages without uninstalling it?
Whenever you can, we recommend you uninstall WhatsApp to recover chats backup. It is the official method of the application to restore messages and, if you do not want to do it, you will almost always have to resort to third-party applications that will have access to your chat history.
Because privacy is so important to us, we recommend that you be careful with these programs and only use them bearing in mind that they can have access to your conversations.
The other option you have is use iTunes in case you have iPhone. For this option, you will always have to restore the backup of the entire phone, a process that can be cumbersome, take more time and also cause you to lose files that are not included in the backup.
If, in addition, you are interested in restoring or listening to audios that you have lost, do not miss our article How to recover WhatsApp audios.
How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android
If you don’t have backup or you don’t want to uninstall the app to restore it, you can view the deleted messages inside the local storage of your android device. To get to these folders, you will need to use a file management system, such as File Explorer. Afterwards, follow the steps below:
- Inside the app, browse to your phone’s internal storage and locate a folder named WhatsApp.
- Inside, you should see a folder called databaseenters.
- You will see many files with names that start with ‘msgstore’ and continue with the creation date in year-month-day format. WhatsApp conversations received in recent days are stored in these files.
- You will be able to open them with a text editor to review your old chats even if you have deleted some messages.
App to view deleted WhatsApp messages
If you get a bit lost looking for the folders, there are also other third-party apps that do the search work for you, either on Android devices or iPhone. You can use MiniTool Mobile Recovery or its iOS version to read deleted WhatsApp messages without uninstalling it.
- In this case, you will have to download the program on your computer and install them.
- Then, you must connect your mobile with a USB cable to the computer so that the program recognizes it.
- Click on the “Scan” option or scan so that the program can analyze your device in search of the files that are in its internal folders.
- Now, select the “WhatsApp” option from among the file types that the program has recovered.
- Here you can see all your messages, including those that have been recently deleted if you don’t have a backup.
- Click on recover to be able to save them again where you want.
How to recover WhatsApp messages without uninstalling it on iOS
If you don’t want to use third-party apps like MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS, the best way to restore your WhatsApp backup is via iTunes. It’s a safe option, but it will take more time than deleting the app and installing it again.
- In this case, you will have to enter iTunes, go to the Summary tab.
- Select the Restore Backup option and choose the most recent backup.
- Please note that the process of restoring the backup may take several minutes and will also replace your current files with those from the latest backup. This backup is of the entire phone and not just WhatsApp.
How to make a backup on WhatsApp
As we told you initially, so you don’t have to worry about lose whatsapp messages, the best thing you can do is keep an updated backup of your chats. In the app, you can select how often renew backup, as well as whether or not you want to add videos to reduce the size of the backup. Follow these steps to make the backup:
- Enter the WhatsApp app and go to the configuration section.
- Enter the Chats tab and select the backup or backup option.
- You will be able to select the periodicity of the automatic backup and confirm when was the last time that a backup of your messages was made.
- Select the option to create the backup and wait for WhatsApp to finish doing it.
Once you have your backup done, and if you want to transfer the WhatsApp information to another mobile, all you have to do is uninstall or install the app on the new device and select the restore backup option. It’s not much of a mystery, WhatsApp will give you the option when you re-enter your account details. In this way, you will already know chow to recover old messages by WhatsApp No problem.
Other applications to recover deleted WhatsApp messages
In addition to the options that we have given you above, there are some applications that allow you to recover whatsapp messages deleted by sender, as well as allow you to review messages from notifications without having to enter the chat. One of the most popular is WhatsRemoved+, which you can easily find in the PlayStore.
By giving access permissions to the app, it will be in charge of monitoring your notifications, as well as your temporary file folders to keep a record of the messages you have been receiving. That way, even if the person who sent the message deletes it, you’ll still be able to see what they sent you. In addition, you can also use it to recover deleted WhatsApp messages without having to uninstall it or without having a backup.
Discover more hacks or tricks for whatsapp in our articles:
If you want to read more articles similar to How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages without uninstalling itwe recommend that you enter our WhatsApp category.