The messaging app is one of the most used. It allows you to chat with your loved ones, or send, receive and save important information. But sometimes, accidentally these messages are lost and it may seem that there is no way to save them.
if you need to know excuse me recover deleted SMS, in this TecVideos article we show you how to do it on your iPhone or Android device, even if you haven’t made a backup. The process is similar to what you would use to restore deleted WhatsApp messages without uninstalling it. Let’s see it!
How to recover deleted SMS on iPhone
If you have made a backup from your phone, recovering deleted text messages is a simple task. The most important thing to do if you want to achieve this is to stop sending SMS to prevent new ones from overwriting old data. This operating system has various recovery options.
If you iCloud backup is enabled, deleted messages will surely be available. For correct functionality, the service requires that the SIM card is the same from when the copy was made. To recover your SMS, follow these steps:
- Access “Settings” and tap on your name or photo.
- Tap “iCloud” > “iCloud Backup”, and check if the option is enabled.
- Before recovering it, restore your iPhone to factory version. To do this, go to “Settings” > “General”.
- At the bottom of the page, tap “Reset” > “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- After you have confirmed and done the process, you need to set up your iPhone again.
- Select the “Restore from iCloud Backup” option.
Make sure that the backup is recent, as you could lose important data that was not saved in the last copy made.
Instead of using iCloud, you may have made the backup to your iTunes, and it may be that in one of these copies you will find the message you are looking for so much. To recover the SMS, all you have to do is have your computer at hand and follow these steps:
- Connect your iPhone to the PC or Mac where you make the copies.
- If iTunes doesn’t start automatically, start it manually.
- In the upper left area of the application, click on the mobile icon.
- After being redirected to another screen, press “Restore backup…” and wait for the phone to restore the backup.
As in the case of iCloud, you must take care that the last iTunes backup is recent so as not to lose key information that you have received in the last few days.
How to recover deleted SMS on Android
Android devices allow running backups via google drive. However, this option does not provide a concrete method that only restores SMS. Therefore, to use it, you need to completely reset the mobile, just like with iPhone. In case you do not want to restore the entire mobile, the most recommended is use third-party applications.
SMS Backup and Restore
This application, available in the Play Store, makes a copy of your messages, allowing you to recover them in case you lose them. To use it, you must download it from the store, although it is free. Keep in mind that the app only restores the messages that you have previously saved in it.
After installation and accepting the permissions, you can start to backup. Automatically, the program displays the messages and calls available in the log to create the backup. In this way, if you lose your conversations, you can recover them in the following way:
- Enter the application and, on the home page, display the side menu.
- There, click on the “Restore” option.
- Choose the location where you saved the copy.
- Select if you want to recover only messages or also calls.
- Your messages will appear again.
How to recover deleted SMS without backup
Although it seems more complicated, with the right tools it is simple recover SMS without backup. Now, as expected, the fastest way to get it is by third party applications. Depending on your operating system, the restore steps vary.
FoneDog Toolkit-iOS Data Recovery for iPhone
Using this program, it is possible to carry out the restoration of lost information on your iOS device. To get the most out of it, search for the software in the Apple Store and download it on your pc.
- Once installed, run the program.
- Go to “Data recovery” > “Recover from device”.
- Connect your iPhone to your PC to scan it.
- Select the “Start Scan” option.
- Go to the “Messages and Contacts” category, located on the left side of the screen.
- When looking at the SMS you are looking for, click on “Recover” in the lower area of the App. If there is a copy of your SMS on your mobile, you can see it here.
PhoneRescue for Android
The App allows you to get back the messages you have lost. This process is successful only before the data is overwritten, so you should avoid continuing to send SMS if you want to recover one that you just lost. It has a very simple interface, and it is totally free. In addition, you can also use it on iOS.
- To use it, you must download the application and install it on your computer.
- Then, connect your Android device to PC, and click “Start”.
- Enable USB unlocking of your mobile and select the category “Messages”, and then “Continue”.
- To end, select the messages you want to recover and choose the location where you want them to be stored after recovering them. You can now access your lost messages again.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to recover deleted SMSwe recommend that you enter our Apps category.