Discord is a messaging app widely used today, either by streamers or by any user who likes to be part of gaming communities or other interests. This app allows you to have chats with one or several friends, either written or voice, at the same time, as well as share memes and different hobbies with other members of a community. Discord has a wide variety of options to interact with our contacts, such as the possibility of adding bots, integrating our activity with other social networks, etc.
One of those options is being able to liven up conversations with music. It is precisely what we will talk about in this TecVideos article, because we tell you how to put music on discordeither from your mobile, with your Spotify and, even, we tell you how to do it with bots and which are the best.
How to put music on Discord with bots
We are going to start this article with one of the most common ways to put music on Discord, of course, we are talking about the bot usage. To use these tools, you just have to follow the steps that we mark below:
- Go to your Discord profile and choose the bot you are going to use to play music. If you don’t know which one to use, later we will leave you a list with some of the best bots to play music. For the moment, and to put it as an example, let’s use Rhythmone of the most popular.
- Then, go to the official page of the bot, in this case it would be the Rythm page and, with your Discord session logged in in the browser, press “invite the bot”.
- Once the previous step is done, your Discord profile will open. When you are inside, you will see a window in which you will have to grant, or not, a series of permissions to the bot developers to create commands in the forward slash of a server. You will also have to choose the server in which you are going to use the bot, so you will have to open the menu that is located in the part of “add to server”.
- After choosing server, press continue and you will have to decide if you want to give Rythm administrator permissions. If yes, you will have to give authorize.
- Now all you have to do is show that you are not a robot and you will be able to enjoy your favorite music.
Once you have configured the bot on your preferred server, follow these steps to find out how to play music on Discord with bots:
- Create and join a voice channel on the server. Remember that you can invite the bot and create the channels you want only if you are a server administrator.
- Invite the Rythm bot to the voice channel using the command !summon in the chat.
- From now on, you can use the command !play to tell the bot the song you want to start playing.
- If you want to create a playlist or playlist, use the command !play and make sure the playlist on YouTube is public and not private.
- If the bot doesn’t get the song you want, you can use the command !search and it will give you several options of your search results.
We remind you that we have used Rythm to be able to explain the steps in a more efficient way, but the steps followed serve, broadly speaking, with the rest of the bots that you can use to put music on Discord.
How to put music on Discord from mobile
Before going to the list of the best bots to put music on Discord, we are going to talk about how to add them to the mobile version of Discord if you want to know how to listen to music on Discord with friends in a more practical way.
Basically, the operation is the same, both when installing the bots and when configuring them. Of course, we leave you here three sites that you can access through your mobile browser to download the bots to play music.
You must provide administrator permissions and choose the server where you want to add the bot. Then, it will only be a matter of joining voice chats and using the commands indicated by the bot to request songs.
Best bots to play music on Discord
If you want to expand your options and use different bots, here is a list of the most popular bots to play music on Discord.
- Rhythm: A perfect basic bot to play songs easily, you will be able to easily manage your play queue and alter the order of the songs. You will be able to add DJ roles to any community members you want.
- groovy: It is priced at $1.99 per month and allows you to control the volume, add audio effects, activate automatic song playback and save playback queues, among other options.
- fredboat: In addition to offering integration with various platforms, Fredboat allows you to shuffle the songs in a playlist and repeat them.
- Ayana– Offers integration with YouTube, Soundcloud, Twitch, Clyp, Listen.moe and allows you to control which community members use Ayana.
- 24/7: Its free version allows you to play music 24/7 and play YouTube videos with no time limit. It does not stop ringing even if no one is listening.
- Mirai – a bot that is not only dedicated to playing songs, but also has commands for it. Users can make their own playlists.
- Dyno: It is a bot to moderate Twitch servers more easily, which also adds the option to request songs and play them.
- Vexera: Free bot to listen to music on Discord with good quality and many moderation options. Give a warm welcome to new members.
For most of the users, these bots are the best proposals to be able to put music on Discord.
How to put music on Discord with Spotify
Now, and to finish, we are going to explain how to put music on discord with spotifyas the platform also allows you to add music natively and fully integrated with Discord.
- To start, you have to register with Spotify, it does not need to be a paid subscription, you can also do it through your email account or your Facebook profile. If you already have an account on the green platform, you already have work in progress.
- When you have your Spotify account open, you must choose the song you want to listen to. At the end of the song name, you will find three horizontal dots that you must click to bring up a new window.
- In that window, you will have to give the share option and then copy the link of the song you are listening to.
- With all these steps done, you will have to access Discord and choose which channel you want to share the song on. Once you choose it, paste the Spotify theme link to automatically open the player to share the song.
You also have another fairly quick option that will save you a lot of time. To do this, you must link your Spotify account with your Discord ID. Here we tell you the steps to follow.
- Go to the main page of Discord, there you will have to go to the lower left corner of your screen and enter the user settings, the cogwheel that is next to the name of your user.
- Once inside, select the connections menu and click on the Spotify icon. When you give him, you have to accept his terms and conditions.
- In order for the two accounts to be linked, both Discord and Spotify, you have to add your Spotify profile.
- To finish, you can also configure the options so that a window appears with the music you are listening to at that moment.
If you have followed all the steps that we have indicated, you can now enjoy all your favorite music on Discord, one way or another.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to put music on Discordwe recommend that you enter our Apps category.