There is no more unpleasant feeling than touching your pockets and not feeling your mobile. Losing a phone is painful enough, but all is not lost. Next, we will teach you how to locate a dead cell phoneeither because you dropped it in the street or because it was stolen.
Apart from losing it, the worst that can happen is that the mobile has been downloaded. Even so, despite the fact that the terminal is not turned on, it is possible to know its location with relative ease.
- 1 Can a cell phone be tracked?
- 2 Locate a dead cell phone by IMEI
- 3 How to track a cell phone turned off from my PC
- 4 How to find a dead iPhone
- 5 Use Google Find Your Phone
- 6 Via Google Photos
- 7 Find My Mobile Samsung
- 8 Applications to locate a dead cell phone
Can a cell phone be tracked?
The best way to avoid unpleasant situations is to have foresight. Although we can never know when we will lose the cell phone, we can take certain security measures so that we have more likely to find it if lost. In this way, you can find your phone without much difficulty, first you must meet certain requirements:
- It is vital to have a account signed in to Google or iClouddepending on the operating system you use.
- you must have reckoned with Internet connection before the loss.
- It is important that the device is visible in the app stores.
- The location tool has to be activated.
- have the function find my device activated for Android phones.
- GPS must be on before the phone turned off.
If you meet these parameters, you can apply any of the following methods that we will give you below. For this reason, our recommendation is that, although some of these points may use up the battery more quickly, always have them activated when you go out.
Locate a dead cell phone by IMEI
The IMEI is the identification of your mobile phone, just as if it were a DNI. It is a code that you find on the back of the mobile, usually on the battery. If you have taken note of this code, you can apply the following tutorial to know how to find your device:
- Download an IMEI tracker from the app store, such as IMEI Tracker-Find my device.
- Grant permissions for the app to access your data.
- Enter the phone number of a couple of trusted friends.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
For this situation, if someone uses the phone, either sending a message or inserting a new SIM card, the contacts you have entered in the application will receive a notificationwith which it will be possible to track the location of the mobile with ease.
However, it is important to make clear that this it will only work if the mobile has been turned on again. If it remains off, scanning will not be possible.
This method works for both Android phones and mobile phones with iOS operating systems. The IMEI goes far beyond a brand, since it is a distinctive and unique stamp on each terminal. The IMEI can also be used for other actions related to your device, such as unlocking phones.
How to track a cell phone turned off from my PC
Google offers the possibility to see the location history of your phone from any other device. In this way, you will be able to know what the last location of the mobile was before it was downloaded. Then, all you have to do is go to the place to see if your phone is there. Apply these steps and you will know how to track a cell phone that is turned off from your PC:
- Open the Google Maps app in your browser.
- Use the account associated with your phone to sign in.
- Click on the dropdown menu.
- click on your timeline.
If you wish, it is possible to filter the information by placing a specific day to facilitate the search and locate the lost cell phone more quickly.
How to find a dead iPhone
If you have multiple iOS devices, such as a phone and a tablet, you can download the Find My app on another Apple device. Of course, for the trick to work you have to sync the devices before the loss as prevention. If the loss or theft has occurred, apply these steps to know how to track a dead cell phone:
- Open the Find My app on another device.
- Press the items option and select the equipment you want to find.
- Click on Directions.
Automatically, the app informs you of the last known location of the phone, where you can start searching.
What if you don’t have another device?
If you don’t have another Apple device, you can also do track a stolen cell phone through a web browser. The steps to follow are those:
- Access the icloud.com/find website.
- Type your ID and password.
- Choose the All Devices option.
- Select the name of your terminal.
As in the previous situation, you will see the most recent address that has been registered on the device. In addition, you will have other interesting options, such as activating a sound when the phone is turned on or directly marking it as a lost device.
Use Google Find Your Phone
It is an alternative quite similar to the previous one, although it is done from Google support and not directly in Maps. you can use it with both Android and iPhone if you use these services on your mobile terminal. To take advantage of it, apply these steps:
- Open Find Your Phone from the Google search engine.
- Log in with the account in which you have registered the cell phone.
- Select the mobile that you have lost (all the devices associated with the account will be displayed).
- Click on the Find button.
Like the previous case, you will see the last location of your terminal, where your phone is probably turned off.
Via Google Photos
Perhaps you took out your mobile to take a photo and, when it was time to put it in your pocket, it simply fell off. Time has passed and it has been turned off, but don’t worry, Google not only allows you to recover deleted photos, but also to know where the loss of your terminal occurred.
Now, it will only work if you have activated the google photos sync, so you see the last known location. If you want to know how to find your powered off device, follow these steps:
- Open Google Photos on your computer.
- Locate the last photo taken with the phone you lost.
- Open the photo and at the top of the screen you will find an ‘i’ icon, click on it.
- The photo information will open, including the name, the device it was captured with, and the location where it was taken. If you took a photo just before you lost your phone, you’ll be able to see where you left it.
It is important to clarify that on many occasions the location is not shown exactly, for example if you have been inside a shopping center or a park. You will have to go to the place and perform a search for the places where you have passed.
Find My Mobile Samsung
If you have a Samsung phone, this option is very practical, although you should discard it if the mobile is of any other brand. From the same Samsung website, users can find their lost phones. You just have to have a previously created account and have synchronized the cell phone data. The steps to follow to find your lost cell phone are as follows:
- Access the Samsung website and log in.
- Click on Locate my device.
- See the most recent locations.
Applications to locate a dead cell phone
Apart from the conventional and official methods, there are also some third-party apps that could be of help. However, we emphasize that the use of these tools is entirely your responsibility, as they will have access to your location. Among the most used by users are the following:
Cerberus for Android
The app allows you to view the location of your lost phone remotely. Actually, it is a complete suite with many tools, but the one that interests you in this case is the anti-theft one.
For this platform to be useful, you must install the app before your phone goes missing. In other words, you must be aware of any loss or theft.
Find My iPhone for iOS
As in the previous case, you have to download the application on your phone as a preventive measure. If a loss occurs, open the app from another device with the account you have associated with your terminal and you will see the exact location.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to locate a dead cell phonewe recommend that you enter our Apps category.