It is very likely that you need to know the features of your PC, such as its RAM and the processor it uses. Checking the different technical specifications of your computer is very simple, regardless of the operating system you use. At TecVideos we teach you how to discover them in Windows, Mac and Linux.
How to know the characteristics of the hardware in Windows
Windows is one of the most used operating systems and the one that best reveals the specifications of your PC. If you want to check the data on your computer, you just have to go to the Start menu. Then follow these steps:
- Access the section of Settings on the menu.
- There click on the option System.
- Within the options you find there, go to About.
You will find a section that specifies the name of your computer, its processor, the type of system, its RAM and much more. On the other hand, you may be interested in knowing what your graphics card is in order to know if it is suitable for video games. In that case, use the search draweras follows:
- Enter the word “Run” and select the application.
- There type “dxdiag”, thus opening the Directx diagnostic tool.
In this way, you will be able to know the details of video and audio from your PC in each of its components.
How to know the characteristics of my PC on Mac
The process to know the specifications of your Mac computer is quite simple. All you have to do is click on the apple icon located in the upper right corner of the screen. A menu will be displayed and you should select the “About Mac” option.
In the pop-up window you will be informed about all the components of your computer, such as its RAM, processor and graphics. On the other hand, you can use the “System Profiler” or “System Information” app.
The app will provide you with the most relevant information about your system, such as the hardware and software, the network and the connected devices. To dig a little deeper into the information on your computer, click on “System information”.
How to know the specifications of my PC in Linux
In most cases, the specifications of your Linux computer can be checked graphically. The most comfortable option is through the settings, although it is also possible to use the terminal. The most used system is Ubuntu and it is the one that we will explain.
To get started, go to System settings, a section very similar to the Control Panel in Windows. At the bottom of the screen, choose the option Details. A window will open in which you can find out about everything related to your computer.
On the other hand, if you want to use the command terminalyou just have to write in it “sudo Lshw | less”. You will already visualize any type of data corresponding to the RAM, CPU and GPU, the screen and others.
How to know the model of the PC
The reasons for wanting to know the model of your computer are very varied. However, it is possible that you have lost your box or this information has not been specified on your case. In that case, there are very simple steps that will help you know it, we show you how in Windows 7 and 10:
- Beginning with Windows 7go to the start menu and look for the option “Run” or simply press the Windows + R keys. In the window that will open, type “dxdiag” and advance, there you will be able to see numerous data of your PC. in the option System Model You will see the information of your team.
- In the case of Windows 10, follow the same process or use an easier path. To do this, click on the Cortana assistant search icon, next to the start button. There enter the same command (dxdiag) and run it, observing the window with the model of your computer.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to know the characteristics of my PCwe recommend that you enter our Hardware category.