Have you ever wanted to take notes or do a beautiful and different academic work? One of the best ways to do this is by using letters or fonts to decorate titles and subtitles. The problem is that the font options offered by Windows are not the most varied and, nowadays, there are many fonts that you can download for free from the internet.
With all the options you can find, we assure you that you will spend hours playing with different font styles. In this article we teach you everything you need to know how to download pretty fonts for word, how to install them, and where to find the best fonts for your projects. Go for it!
Where to download letters or fonts for Word
There are many websites where you can download fonts or letters for Word. In them, many designers upload their fonts for free, although other options are also paid and, if you like them a lot, they are worth the price.
Maybe the font download page The most popular is DaFont, but in addition to this, here we also leave you other options in which you can find serif, sans serif, calligraphy, gothic, retro fonts and much more.
As we mentioned, DaFont is very popular and for good reason, as it has a wide variety of free fonts in many styles. You can filter sources by their type and find options that suit the style you want in your project. Once you choose one of the sources, you will only have to click on Download and the download will start automatically.
The fonts will be downloaded in a ZIP fileso you’ll need to have programs like Winrar installed to be able to unzip it and find the sources inside.
If you’re not only looking for fonts for titles but also for body copy, Google Fonts is a great place to find many of the most used fonts nowadays. You will find Google fonts for free and you can download them with just one click.
If you want to find more options, Font Squirrel is a good alternative to DaFont and Google Fonts. In addition to having a wide variety of fonts to download, it also has a tool that allows you to identify fonts through images. This means that if you see a font you like but don’t know the name, Font Squirrel will help you identify where it came from and where you can find it.
If you can’t find a font you like on any of the other pages, you can explore the alternatives offered by Font Space, a website with more than 3000 designers They create new sources all the time. In addition, you can change the size of each font so you can see, before downloading it, how it will look at the size you want to use it.
How to add a new font to Word
Once you have the font that you like the most and you have downloaded it from the website, you only need to install it on your computer to be able to use it not only in Word, but also in all the programs in which you can add text such as Power Point, Photoshop, etc. Adobe Illustrator, as well as video editing programs if you wish. For install a fontfollow these steps:
- In file explorer, go to your downloads folder or wherever you saved the new font.
- You can double click to open the source with Winrar or any other unzip program, or you can right click with your mouse to choose the unzip option, either to that same folder or to another folder of your choice.
- Once you have the unzipped file, select the source file, it will be in .otf format. Right click with the mouse and select the Install option.
- Your font will now be installed! If you had Word open before installing it, close it and run it again so that the list of fonts is updated.
How to use the font on other computers
Although we can use the fonts that we like the most on our computer, it is possible that when we change computers and open the file there, we cannot see it because it is not installed. If you just want to share the reading document to another person, the best way is save the file in PDF so that the font is visible wherever it is opened. However, if you want to share for editing, you’ll need to do the following:
- Open the document in Word and go to the File tab.
- Under File, select save or save as.
- In the window that opens, select Maintain fidelity when sharing this document.
- This will activate the option to Embed fonts in the file. Tick it and you’re done.
If you want to continue exploring options to create beautiful and unique work in Word or on other platforms, do not miss our list of Applications to make outlines.
How to uninstall a font you didn’t like
you have achieved download fonts that you like, but one you did not like. If you want uninstall a font because you tried it and you didn’t like it, you will have to go to the folder where they are stored. To do so, follow these steps:
- In File Explorer, click This PC, located in the bar on the left. Select the Local Disk where you have stored all the information on your computer.
- In the list of folders that appears, select a folder called Windows.
- Search until you find one folder called Fonts. It will be easy to locate it, since it has a small A above the folder icon. Double click to enter.
- Here you can see all the fonts installed on your computer, both the pre-established ones and the ones you download and install. Use the font name to quickly find it and press Del or right-click to remove it.
How to find the name of a font you like
Many of the ideas we have about lettering they come from the work of other artists or designers on the Internet. Maybe at some point you will find that perfect font that you would love to use in your work, but the problem is that the name of the font does not always appear, so it is often difficult to find it. If this is the case for you, you can use a website called WhatTheFont that specializes solely in identify sources that you have seen elsewhere.
They may not give you the exact name of the font because it is not in their catalog of fonts to download, but if that is the case, it will most likely give you a very similar alternative, either free or paid. To do so, just follow these steps:
- Take a screenshot of the font you want to identify and crop it so only the letters are visible.
- Go to the WhatTheFont website and drag the image or add it. Click accept.
- The page will show you a list of fonts very similar to the one you are looking for or the exact font. You can download it by purchasing it or for free, this will depend on the source.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to download fonts for Wordwe recommend that you enter our Software category.