One of the most important aspects of growing on Twitch is the community interaction. Finding new ways to keep the chat going will make your viewers want to come back to your broadcasts and interact with you and other followers.
There are many ways to do this: by being an active conversationalist, using commands to encourage conversation, creating ways for chat to interfere with the stream, etc. One of the most popular are polls and predictions. In the case of polls, the streamer asks a question and the viewers must answer from several options. For predictions, viewers must wager their channel points, and if they guess correctly, they will earn the points they have wagered.
If you are new to the world of Twitch and streaming, you may be wondering how to take a poll on twitch or a prediction. In this TecVideos article we tell you everything you need to start implementing it successfully in your broadcasts.
How to take surveys on Twitch if you are not a member
Before you can do polls on Twitch natively, you’ll need to be in the partner program of the platform. In order to do so, you must meet the following requirements:
- Achieve an average of 3 or more viewers per broadcast in a 30-day period.
- Reach a total of 50 followers.
- Broadcast on 7 different days in a 30-day period.
- Accumulate a total of 500 minutes transmitted in a period of 30 days.
When you start streaming, it’s normal for it to take time to meet all of these requirements. However, this does not mean that there are no other ways to do surveys if you want to use this tool to improve the interaction with your community.
For example, there are some bots for Twitch which have commands to create polls independently. One of them is Nightbot. To use Nightbot, all you have to do is go to their website and log in with your Twitch account. This will give Nightbot moderator permissions so he can make changes to your stream. To do so, follow these steps:
- The command for polls is “!poll“.
- To add the question and options, type “!pol new survey title | option 1 | option 2“. In this case, fill in the terms in bold with the name of the survey and its options. You can add up to 30 options, so it’s a good alternative if you need to make a fairly long survey.
- Nightbot will use Strawpoll to create a poll.
- If you want to see the results, type “!poll results” and Nightbot will show them in the chat automatically.
Discover some tips to reach the partner program in our article How to make money on Twitch.
How to create a poll on Twitch
if you are already twitch partner and monetize on your channel, then we recommend doing the surveys natively from the broadcast chat, as it will be much more comfortable and easier for your viewers to understand. If you want to make a survey, follow these steps:
- Type in the stream chat “/poll” and press Enter.
- A window will automatically open with a panel that you can use to customize your survey.
- Add the main question and options, as well as the duration of the survey and other customization options.
- Press accept.
- Now, you will be able to see that the poll will appear at the top of the chat for all users to vote if they wish. At the end of the survey time, the winning answer will appear in a strip in the chat.
Also, if you’ve wondered how to create polls on twitch as a moderator, it’s helpful to know that your channel moderators also have permission to create them from scratch. They can do it the same way, directly from the chat, or from the moderator panel that both the streamer and the mods have access to.
It is also important to note that you will not be able to create surveys from the mobile application and that you will have to access the website from the desktop to do so.
How to make predictions on Twitch
Predictions is another feature on Twitch that is very similar to polls, except that viewers they will need to pay with points if they want to participate in them. Streamers use them when they want their followers to bet on one option or another. For example, you could use it to have your audience decide the outcome of a Super Smash match or to try to guess something that will happen in the future even if you already know the answer. The winning result will award points to everyone who voted for it.
Just like polls, in order to make predictions natively from Twitch, you’ll need to be part of the partner program.
There are two ways to access the prediction panel. One is through transmission board native to Twitch, you can add the shortcut for easy access by following the steps in the image.
The other option is to access through the panel of moderators, as it also appears as a widget in the far left bar of the panel. His icon is a crystal ball.
Once you enter the predictions panel, you will only have to fill in the prediction data as you wish. You can choose the duration of the prediction or finish it whenever you want. While the prediction is active, chat users will have an emblem indicating the option they voted for so everyone else can see it.
In addition to using the prediction panel, you can also use the chat shortcuts to make a prediction faster. In this case, in the chat writing field, type “/ predict“ and hit Enter to activate the panel so you can easily create your prediction. Please note that just like polling, you can only do this on the desktop version of Twitch.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to take polls on Twitchwe recommend that you enter our Streaming category.