When it comes to rapid growth in social networks, TikTok is probably the platform that is giving more to talk about in recent months. TikTok’s algorithm has allowed many content creators to amass a large number of real followers in a short time, something other social networks like Instagram and Twitter have lagged behind.
And just like other social networks, TikTok also understands the value of real-time content, so it has added the option to broadcast live to its users. However, if you’ve ever wondered “why can’t I live on TikTok?”, it’s because it’s not a service available to everyone with an account on the app. In this TecVideos article we explain what they ask of you and how to make a live on TikTok.
Requirements to live on TikTok
Live broadcasts are a perfect way to engage with fans who already enjoy your content, as well as to get noticed in longer video formats. To do a live on TikTok, the social network ask only two requirements:
- Be over 16 years of age.
- Have more than 1000 followers.
There are those who have alleged that TikTok has allowed them to do lives without having 1000 followers, but this is the requirement that the platform officially demands. It’s important to also keep in mind that when live streaming on TikTok, you can’t ask for giftsbecause it goes against the terms and conditions of the application.
However, you can receive them through TikTok’s native currency that users can buy to give to their favorite content creators. For that reason, doing live broadcasts on TikTok can be a good way to generate some extra income as an influencer.
How to make a live on TikTok
Do you have the requirements you need to do a live on TikTok? Starting to broadcast live is very easy, you just have to follow these steps:
- Open TikTok and press the ‘+’ symbol.
- At the bottom where the 60s, 15s and Templates options appear, the LIVE option will also appear. Swipe to this option.
- Give your stream a title if you wish.
- Press the red button to start streaming and you’re done.
Before doing a live on TikTok
The lives on TikTok They can be a great way to connect with your audience to keep growing as a content creator, especially if you know how to use them the right way. Here are some general tips you can keep in mind to use lives effectively and bring more followers to your page.
- You can use lives to answer questions that they usually make you in the comments regularly, as well as to please requests from your viewers.
- You can use lives to promote charity events and raise funds for the causes you are most passionate about.
- We recommend you choose the hours with the most active users to do your lives. This way, you will ensure that more people can join.
- Before starting the live, define its duration and communicate it to your viewers. A minimum of 30 minutes will be fine.
- If you have something planned for your live, promote it days before doing it. Create expectation among your followers so that everyone is attentive to the time and day of your broadcast.
- We recommend you post a TikTok before starting your broadcast. In this way, users who see it will also be able to see that you are doing a live broadcast by the color of your avatar. It will give you more reach!
- Unlike regular videos, during live streams people can comment in real time. Take advantage of it and think of ways to engage with your audience so that they want to write and comment as much as they want. Choose topics of conversation, ask questions, polls and much more.
If you want to grow on TikTok and generate more original content, knowing how to best edit your videos is key. Start editing without spending money with these free video editing software without watermark.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to do a live on TikTokwe recommend that you enter our TikTok category.