Facebook is one of the oldest social networks that continues to be incredibly popular today. For that reason, many profiles contain photos, posts, and information spanning years and even more than a decade in a person’s life. Having this information online for everyone to see can be inconvenient for many people.
If this is your case, you may want to know how to delete all facebook posts, so you can start fresh without having to delete your profile or lose all your contacts. Regardless of your reasons, here we show you the correct way to execute this action quickly and easily so that you end all traces of your activity on Facebook.
How to delete a Facebook post
Before explaining step by step how to delete all your Facebook activity, we show you how to delete each post. Perhaps you’ve posted a video, photo, or status to your Facebook profile, and now you want to delete it completely. If there are not many posts you want to delete, you can do it one by one by following the steps below:
1. Access your Facebook profile from your device or computer.
2. Find the post you want to delete.
3. On the right side of the publication, click on the 3 ellipses.
4. Select the “Move to Trash” option, and it will disappear from your profile.
After 30 days, the publication will be permanently deleted. You can only delete the posts that you have created, but not those that have tagged you, although you can remove the tag from the photos or videos in which you no longer want to appear.
How to Delete All Facebook Posts at the Same Time
You may have decided to make a complete cleaning to your profile from Facebook and delete your old posts. Maybe you’d even like to give your account a single name, updating its appearance entirely so that people won’t be as easy to find you.
In this case, you can delete all the content of your Facebook profile from the mobile app. The easiest way to achieve this is as follows:
1. Enter the application on your mobile device.
2. Click on the 3 horizontal lines located in the upper right area of the screen.
3. Go to your user profile and press the 3 dots that appear under your name.
4. Choose Activity Log > Your Posts
Once there, you will find several options:
- Text updates, visit log, notes and more.
- Photos and videos.
- your stories.
- Posts from other apps.
Select the type of posts you want to delete definitely up to you. Next, everything you have published in the category you chose will appear. You can choose the posts one by one, or check the All box in the top area. Then, you just have to click on Move to trash and you will have deleted it.
If, in addition to the publications, you also want to delete all the messages that you have shared with your contacts, visit our article How to delete all messages from Facebook Messenger.
How to clear Facebook history
It’s normal for Facebook to create a log of all your searches to help you get better results. However, if you want keep your search log clean because you don’t want anyone to be able to see it either, you can delete the entire history or just one of the entries. To do it on the web, follow this procedure:
- Go to the Activity Log section in your profile.
- Once there, go to the left menu and click on Logged actions and other activity > Search history.
- There you can individually delete searches by clicking the ellipsis icon next to them, and then clicking Delete.
- To undo the entire history, select the option Clear searches in the upper left area of it and confirm the action.
Also, you can follow a simpler process and just as effective to go to history:
- Click on the empty search bar to see the latest entries in your history.
- Go to the Edit option that appears in the upper left corner.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 of the above procedure according to your requirements.
In the case of you mobile devicethe steps to follow are similar to the web version:
- Enter your profile and click on the options menu distinguished by the 3-bar icon.
- Select Filter in the top right area.
- Find the Search History option.
- Delete the history entries you want to forget, or delete it entirely, as in the process above.
How to remove all posts from a Facebook group
If you’re admin or moderator of a group of Facebook, you can delete the posts from it, even if they are not yours. To do so, follow these steps:
- In your home feed, locate the left menu and click on Groups.
- There choose the group from which you want to remove posts.
- Find the publication in question and click on the 3 ellipses in its corner.
- Select Delete Post and determine the rules it broke, as well as add an admin note.
- Tap Share broken rules and notes with *Name* to explain reasons for removal.
- Click Confirm.
The author of the publication will be notified that it has been removed, along with an anonymous clarification of the reasons. For 14 days you will be able to view the administrator’s note and the rules you broke.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to Delete All Facebook Postswe recommend that you enter our Facebook category.