If you love music and want to enjoy it to the fullest, it is important to have the right playback devices. Now, you may still have many of your favorite songs on compact discs and you don’t know how to take them wherever you want. To do so and play them on portable devices, you must learn how to convert CDA to MP3.
In this article we will let you know what these formats consist of and why you need to do the conversion. In addition, we will show you several options to change the file format and play them on any computer.
What is CDA and why convert to MP3
The CDA-format is the one used to record files on an audio compact disc. When you listen to a CD with music, its tracks are recorded in that extension, so they cannot be played on other devices. In fact, if you put those tracks on a USB stick, it just won’t recognize them.
Instead, MP3 is a universal format and compatible with virtually any device. Therefore, it is important that you learn to convert CDA to MP3 In a simple way. In this way, you will be able to play the music on various computers or even use it in video editors or audio editors. Next, we explain the most practical conversion alternatives.
Convert CDA to MP3 with Windows Media Player
If you use the windows operating system, its own player allows you to do the conversion, so it will be very easy to convert CDA files to MP3 for free and without installing programs. The steps to convert CDA to MP3 fast on Windows 10 are as follows:
- Open Windows Media Player from the start menu.
- Insert the CD for the player to recognize it.
- Once inside, locate the toolbar located above the list of songs.
- Select the Rip music from CD option.
- Choose MP3 from the Format menu for the program to perform the conversion.
- Insert the audio disc you want to copy into the PC.
- Click on the option Copy from CDlocated at the top of the application.
After this, the program will automatically start converting the formats. An additional tip is always choose the best quality, because the original files are compressed. Otherwise, playback may not be as good.
Convert CDA to MP3 with iTunes
In case of using a Mac operating system, the program to convert a CD to MP3 it’s just iTunes. These are the steps to follow:
- Open iTunes and insert a CD into your computer’s drive.
- The program will recognize the disk and ask if you want to import the songs.
- Answer in the affirmative and wait for the process to finish.
- Select the imported songs and right click.
- You will see several options, including Convert selection to MP3, which is the one you will have to choose.
The only thing left to do is wait for the conversion to finish so you can use the new format.
Convert CDA to MP3 online and fast
It is also possible convert a CD to MP3 through online platforms, which are very simple and intuitive. There are several alternatives, some with more advantages and disadvantages than others, but they all work the same way. If you want to convert CDA to MP3 without downloading software, the steps to follow are as follows:
- Open the online converter of your choice.
- Click the button choose file, upload files, upload file, etc. Select the files you want to convert.
- Choose the format in which you want to convert, in this case MP3.
- Click convert.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Download the files in MP3.
The procedure may vary slightly depending on the website used. Even so, each page tells you in detail what you need to do to make the conversion. Finally, just as if it were a desktop application, always choose the highest quality available. you can use a CDA to MP3 converter like AnyConv or Convertio.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to convert CDA to MP3we recommend that you enter our Software category.