Have you ever wanted to watch your mobile movies, series or video games on TV? With smart TVs it is very easy, as they are designed to watch Netflix and other streaming services easily. The problem comes when we do not have a SmartTV, but we still want to know how to connect mobile to tv.
For this reason, in this Tecvideos article, we will teach you the best tricks to be able to watch mobile on tv in a simple and economical way. You may have to buy some WiFi converters or receivers, but these options will always be much cheaper than buying a smart TV. Keep reading and discover them!
How to connect the mobile to the TV without cables
Regardless of whether your mobile is Android or iOS, with the methods that we present below you will be able to see the mobile on TV without problems. You will get it very easily if you have a SmartTV, although we will also give you methods for conventional and old televisions. Follow these steps to connect the mobile to the smart TV wirelessly:
- Look on your SmartTV for the Screen Share option. Most likely, it is in the options on the TV or the option is on the remote itself.
- Install the AllConnect or Screen Mirroring application on your smartphone, you can get it in the PlayStore or the AppStore.
- Once downloaded, you must connect your mobile and TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- The TV will recognize the app and you can connect the phone to the TV without using cables.
Another option is to use an application called Castto, which is also very easy to use and has a very intuitive menu.
How to connect the mobile to a TV via HDMI
If you don’t have a SmartTV, don’t worry. There are some tricks that you can use to be able to mirror your mobile screen on the TV.
One of the most common and simple is to use a Chromecast, a device with a WiFi receiver that transforms your conventional television into a SmartTV. In this case, just follow these steps to connect mobile to tv with chromecast:
- Connect the Chromecast to the HDMI input of your TV.
- Download the Google Home app on your mobile or tablet. It doesn’t matter if it’s Android or iOS.
- Follow the steps to configure the Chromecast and start sending the content of your mobile to the TV. You will be able to watch Netflix, YouTube, Twitch and your favorite multimedia content quickly and safely.
Although you must buy a Chromecast, it is a very good purchase if you do not have a smart TV and you will find it at a price of around 30 and 40 euros. Other devices similar to Chromecast that you can use are Any Cast and MiraScreen.
Once you can see the content of your mobile on TV, all you have to do is enjoy! Here we leave you some free apps to watch movies other than Netflix.
Connect the mobile to the TV via USB
If you don’t want to spend the money on the Chromecast, you have another cheaper alternative. In this case, you will only need a HDMI to USB-C adapter, an HDMI cable and a USB cable. Follow these steps:
- Connect the HDMI cable to the TV and connect the other end to the adapter with USB-C input.
- Connect the USB input to your mobile and wait for it to recognize the device.
- You will be able to transmit photos, videos and games from your phone to the TV by downloading one of the applications that we have mentioned at the beginning of the article.
The last way to connect the mobile to a non-smart TV is with an MHL-cable, but it should be noted that this is not compatible with all phones. You will only have to connect it to the mobile and the television to be able to see the content of the mobile on TV.
How to connect mobile to old TV
If you have problems connecting phone to tv, it may be because it is not a smart TV or an HDMI input, but an old TV. However, it is not a limitation, there are some tricks that you can use if you want to see the mobile on TV.
To do this, you’ll need an RCA to HDMI converter and a WiFi receiving device like Any Cast, Chromecast, or MiraScreen. Once you have them, follow these steps:
- Connect the RCA cables (the ones that come in yellow, red and white colors) from the TV to the converter.
- On the other side of the converter, connect the Any Cast device or whatever you have.
- Download the application of the WiFi receiver you have and configure the mobile with the TV.
If you don’t have one of these WiFi pickup devices, you can also use the same RCA to HDMI converter to connect mobile to tv via USB. In this case, you must connect the mobile to the converter through an HDMI to USB converter and follow the steps in the previous section.
If instead of RCA cables, your television has a Scart, you will need a scart to hdmi converter and follow either of the two processes explained previously.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to connect your mobile to TVwe recommend that you enter our Video category.