The nintendo switch pro controller It enjoys great recognition by players and critics. Whether due to its ergonomics or its functionalities, or both, it is one of the best pads on the market, something that is also reflected in its price. Therefore, being able to take advantage of the Switch wireless controller to play on other platforms, such as the computer, is a great advantage. If, in addition to playing Nintendo Switch games, you can play games on PC, you will have access to a very wide catalog that will guarantee you hours of fun.
For this reason, at TecVideos, we are going to tell you how to connect nintendo switch pro controller to pc. In addition to all the steps to follow, we are going to tell you the different ways in which the controller can be connected, how to use it on Steam, how to solve any recognition problem and, finally, how to connect the Joy-Con to your PC. As you are seeing, it is going to be a fairly complete article.
How to connect the Pro controller with cable or Bluetooth
In this section we are going to give you the necessary steps to connect your Switch Pro controller to your PC, both with cable and via Bluetooth. Let’s start with the option that is faster and easier, the wired connection.
To get started, you need to connect your Switch Pro Controller to your PC via the controller cable (any data cable will also work USB-A to USB-Cor USB-C to USB-C data cable if your PC has a USB-C port).
Once this is done, the Nintendo Switch Pro pad would already be connected to your PC. The controller will be detected by Windows 10 as “Pro Controller”.
The following way to connect the Switch Pro pad is possibly the most convenient to use. Of course, we are talking about the Pairing via Bluetooth. In addition, it is not that it is something very complicated. Go for it.
- The first thing you have to keep in mind is that the Switch wireless controller has to be fully charged in order to start the pairing process and be able to use it comfortably.
- With Windows 10, you have to access the settings of your computer, exactly in the Bluetooth and other devices section (under Devices). You can easily access it by typing “Bluetooth and other device settings” in the search field on the toolbar.
- Once inside, make sure you have Bluetooth enabled.
- Now, with the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller in hand, you can press the sync button, this is located on the top of the controller right next to the USB-C connector. You will have to hold it down until you see the indicator lights start to flash.
- Once the previous step is done, go back to your PC and, under Bluetooth and other devices, click on Add Bluetooth or other device.
- When you give it, you will get a list of available devices, you have to choose the option called Pro Controller.
- If you have followed all the steps correctly, you will now have your Switch Pro controller linked to your PC.
Once this is finished, it only remains to configure it to be able to play games on the PC. Please note that some games are not compatible with the Switch controller, so it may not always work for you. For now, we are going to talk to you about how to set up switch wireless controller on steam.
How to use the Nintendo Switch controller on Steam
The truth is that it is not very complicated to connect the Switch Pro pad to Steam, since the Valve platform has controller support. In addition, it allows you to reassign the buttons to adapt them to your tastes and, thus, provide you with a good experience. Now yes, we are going to tell you the steps you have to follow to use the Nintendo Switch controller on Steam.
- Go to the menu of steam controller setup. Once there, you can check the compatibility with the Pro controller and activate the option to Use the Nintendo button design, so that the controls are those of the pad itself. If you don’t enable the latter, the buttons will use the same button layout as the Xbox controller.
- Next, you will need to connect the Switch Pro Controller to your PC with a USB cable. In addition, you will have to register it and calibrate the gyro sensor to control movement in some games.
- Once you have done all the steps, you will be able to access, again, the Controller Configuration menu and you can assign the function you want to each button, create preset configurations or choose the configuration created by any member of the Steam community. You can also link the gyro sensor to a specific function.
- Finally, you have to keep in mind that some games will not be compatible with the controls of the Switch controller. Therefore, if you want to use the pad you will have to set it up as an xbox controller (in fact, that’s how you’ll find it by default) in the Controller Settings menu.
In this other article we tell you how to connect the Nintendo Switch to the PC to play your games from there.
The game does not recognize the Pro controller: what to do
As we said before, some games may not recognize your Switch Pro controller. This can happen when you want to play on some emulator or other gaming platform. This appears to be because the Pro Controller uses DirectInput, rather than the XInput API.
To fix this, you need to download programs like x360ce or BetterJoythese translate DirectInput controls so you can use them with those games that previously didn’t recognize the pad. If you use them and they don’t workmake sure no other programs, such as Steam, are using the controller.
Still, there may still be games that don’t work, and at the moment there’s not much more you can do to fix it. Not all methods are perfect. When it comes to choosing a controller to play on PC, the best option will always be an Xbox controller.
Also, before moving on to the next and last section, you have to make sure you have the remote fully charged if you are going to use it wirelessly, since you will not be able to charge it while connected via Bluetooth. Luckily, the Switch Pro pad has good battery life, so that shouldn’t be a problem.
To finish, now we are going to briefly explain how to connect joy-con to pcand thus make grace complete.
How to connect Joy-Con to PC
The way to connect the Joy-Con to your PC is almost identical to the way to link the Pro controller to the computer through the Bluetooth function. Therefore, here we are going to indicate some details that you have to take into account to connect the Joy-Con to the PC.
- You have to pair the two Joy-Con with your PC separately, since They are two independent controllers.. You will have to keep in mind which is the left and which is the right.
- After having linked the two controllers, download vjoy for Windows, the program that will help you configure the Joy-Con. You can also use BetterJoy or any other (in fact, not all of them work the same), but to put you in the situation we are going to use vJoy.
- Enter the settings of the vJoy program to configure the two Switch controllers. In the second command, you have to remove the Slider and Dial/Slider2 optionsand then mark 16 buttons.
- Then, once all of the above is done, download the program Joy-Con Controller and, once opened, check the box “Combine JoyCons”. Now you must press Start.
- In this way, you can use both Joy-Con as a single controller to enjoy a better experience. Although, of course, you can also choose to use one Joy-Con and leave the other for a friend, for example.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to connect the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to PCwe recommend that you enter our Consoles category.