Thanks to advances in technology, Alexa now works without Wi-Fi if you learn the right techniques. Actually, it is possible to share mobile phone data with this device.
Although some computers work without a Wi-Fi wireless connection, the truth is that this is the easiest way to do it. For this reason, you have to learn how to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi to get the most out of the Amazon Echo. Practically, this device is the body, but Alexa is the brain that makes it work. In this Tecvideos article, we will see excuse me connect alexa to mobile wifi.
How to connect Alexa to wifi step by step
How to connect Alexa to a new wifi? It is possible that you have recently changed the Internet network at home, that you have gone to visit a friend or are in a hotel. Either way, changing your Alexa assigned Wi-Fi network settings is very simple and quick.
- To start, you have to make sure that the speaker is properly connectedcharged and turned on.
- Then you must open the alexa app on your mobile phone, either Android or Apple.
- Once you’ve met these parameters, you’re ready to begin connecting Alexa to the network. First of all, open the menu on the left and click on the configuration section.
- Go to device settings and select the equipment you need to adjust. Now you have to go to the section switch next to wifi network.
- Next, the Echo device begins to go through Setup. Select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect with appsign in and click connect.
With the previous steps, you will have managed to establish a secure connection to a Wi-Fi network. However, you always have the possibility to add a network manually. There are circumstances where networks are hidden for security reasons, but it’s not a problem if you have access to them. In this case, use the manual mode to connect the echo device to wifi.
On the other hand, in case you decide to add the Echo to a list of approved devices, you can enter the Mac address. There are also a couple of additional settings, the first and very appropriate being to save the password in Amazon. In this way, when you go to configure a new device, you will already know the network information.
On the other hand, it is also possible to connect the Echo device to a public network, such as in classrooms or hotels. Of course, it is information that cannot be saved.
How to use Alexa with mobile data
Can Alexa be used with the mobile Internet? Alexa works without Wi-Fi when a mobile phone allows data sharing connection. Now, for many Echo devices, you need to have a power supply handy. But the most important thing is that you need a wifi router to access the functions of this device.
Depending on the model you have, the procedure could be different. Next, we explain the most practical strategies.
How to connect Alexa to mobile Wi-Fi on an Echo with a screen
If you have an Echo device with a screen, the procedure is really simple.
- You just have to slide from the top of the screen
- Click on “Settings” and then on Wi-Fi.
- Then select the network you want to connect to.
- Finally, enter the password.
How to use alexa as a speaker without wifi
On the other hand, if you have a speaker that does not have a screen, it is recommended to use the Alexa application on your mobile. In this way, an Echo device will not be needed to enjoy the functionalities. And if you want to use your computer as a speakerphone, just Pair it via Bluetooth with your mobile.
- Turn on the device.
- Go to Bluetooth settings, tap on Echo and you’re done.
In this way, Alexa works without Wi-Fi, only through a Bluetooth connection.
How to connect Alexa to mobile without wifi
It is possible to connect Alexa to the wifi of your mobile, since Amazon realized that it is what many users are looking for. The latest models allow you to connect to a mobile hostpost in a simple way. Similarly, the steps to follow are quite quick and easy.
- To get started, you have to turn on the Echo device.
- Subsequently, you must press and hold the “Action” button.
- When you enter the “Settings” part, you will have to follow some basic instructions. The device usually announces with its voice that it is now in setup mode.
- Go to the Alexa app on your phone, which will automatically detect the Echo device.
- Click “Continue” if it has connected.
- Otherwise, you will have to follow an alternative method. Just go to the horizontal lines in the upper left area of the screen and click on “Add device”.
Other Alexa Compatible Accessories
Now that you know how to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi, you probably want to get the most out of it. Well, there are certain accessories in the home, especially if you have a smart home, that take advantage of this tool. Apart from the speakersit is also possible to manipulate the actions of the led bulbs on off, on and color distribution.
There’s also smart plugs, lamps, thermostats and fans that with only voice commands start to work. And nothing to say about the security cameras, smart TVs and watches. Be that as it may, we hope that you take advantage of all the features that Alexa offers you.
With these tips it will be very easy to configure Alexa quickly and efficiently. Likewise, we provide tricks on mobile phones, Android applications and video games for consoles and computers. At TecVideosTv we will be very happy to help you.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to connect Alexa to your mobile Wi-Fiwe recommend that you enter our Gadgets category.