Unlike other messaging applications like Line or Telegram, WhatsApp doesn’t offer its users too many options to customize the appearance of the chats.
If you are tired of the typical colors of the application, at TecVideos we have several interesting tricks for you. we will teach you how to change whatsapp color, both natively and with third-party applications. There are different customization options that can make the app much more attractive. For this reason, we invite you to pay attention to the advice we have for you.
Applications to change the color of WhatsApp
On the web you will find numerous applications for change whatsapp color. Before using them, we want to indicate that the use of these programs is entirely at your own risk. Normally, they do not cause damage to your phone or your account, but after all, they are unofficial applications that can also have access to your information.
Be that as it may, they offer multiple customization options, including the colors of the messaging network. Some will even allow you to use iPhone-style WhatsApp, but on an Android phone. Here we show you a couple of the most striking:
It is the most downloaded alternative to WhatsApp, due to its numerous functions. It is used to see deleted messages, the last connection time and, of course, to change chat color in whatsapp. After downloading WhatsApp Plus and installing it on your mobile, do the following:
- Open the app and go to the Chats tab.
- Go to the three horizontal stripes menu in the upper right corner.
- Tap Plus Settings.
- Go to the Themes section.
- You will come across a window with all the available themes.
- You can also download new themes with different colors for WhatsApp.
- Choose the one you want and that’s it.
On the other hand, this app gives you the opportunity to modify the themes to your liking, so you will have more possibilities to customize your chat as you want.
Start by downloading the app on your smartphone. When you have it installed, make a backup of your WhatsApp files. In this way, in the event of a mishap, you will not lose the data. After this, apply the following steps:
- Open the downloaded application, go to the Settings section to see all the available parameters and change what you need.
- Open the WhatsApp app.
- Go to Settings within the application to view the themes that you can use and click on install the one you like.
- If you wish, it is possible to design a color to your style, choosing the Universal option.
Before using any of these tools, it is important that you enable the option of unknown origins in the security section of your mobile.
How to change WhatsApp color to black
The whatsapp dark mode It is one of the most practical alternatives to change the appearance of the application, and also to protect your eyes. The good thing in this situation is that you will not have to download any third-party app, as it is a native function of WhatsApp. You just have to follow the following steps:
- Open the WhatsApp application.
- Click on the Options button.
- Go to the Settings / Chats / Theme section.
- Choose the theme of your preference.
In this section you will have to choose the dark mode, light mode or the default by the system. This applies to both Android and iPhone. Also, on the iPhone you can choose to apply the dark theme during the night, while leaving the light one for the day. In this case, you can also determine one background for the night and one for the dayin this way they will be changed automatically depending on the time.
How to change the color of the WhatsApp icon
If you want the customization to be complete, you don’t just have to change the colors inside the application. The icon can also be modified, and the procedure is quite simple. Next, we will explain the steps to follow for Android and iPhone.
Change icon on Android
To get started, you need to download the Nova Launcher app, which this time influences the customization layer of your phone in general. After downloading and installing the app, do the following:
- Press the WhatsApp icon until the configuration options appear.
- You will see a pencil symbol, which is where you should click.
- A window opens with the application name and icon.
- Click on the traditional icon and a new window will open.
- Choose the gallery and choose the image that is of your preference.
Before this, you must download a custom icon on the internet, either from WhatsApp with a slight change in design or color, or you can even put an image on it that has nothing to do with the application.
Change icon on iPhone
In order to access the icon settings, your phone must be updated to iOS 14. Otherwise, you will not be able to take advantage of the tricks that we will mention below. If you meet the requirements, you must follow the following steps:
- Download and install the Shortcuts app.
- Open the app and tap on the + sign.
- Choose the Open app option and select the one you want to customize.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner to see the details.
- Change what you want, you can modify the name, location and icon.
As in the previous case, you must have a image downloaded to your phone to place it as a WhatsApp icon. We recommend using images in .PNG format and with a transparent background so that they look better aesthetically.
How to change the background color of WhatsApp
Finally, if all you want to do is change whatsapp background, it is very easy to achieve it natively and without third-party applications. The steps to follow are the following, both for Android and iPhone:
- Open the WhatsApp application and click on the three-dot menu in the upper right area.
- Go to the Settings / Chats / Background section.
- Choose a default color or an image from your gallery.
Now, remember that the background you choose will be displayed in all conversations. Until now there is no way to customize the background for different chats.
If you want to know more tricks for whatsappbe sure to visit:
If you want to read more articles similar to How to change the color of WhatsAppwe recommend that you enter our WhatsApp category.