Facebook Messenger has become a very popular messaging application. If you are a user of the app, it is possible that at some point you have wondered if a user blocked you, because the messages do not arrive and you cannot communicate with him or her.
The problem is that there are no notifications or indicators to confirm it. What’s more. If someone blocks your messages, they won’t necessarily block you on Facebook as well, so it’s not enough to check if we can still see your profile or if your posts appear on our Facebook page. feed Of start.
However, there are certain techniques that will be of great help to discover if your suspicions are correct or not. In this TecVideos article we will tell you several tricks if you are wondering how to know if i was blocked on messenger. Pay attention!
Write a message on mobile
The most effective way to know if someone has blocked you from Facebook if you are on your mobile is to send them a message. Specifically, these are the steps you must follow:
- Find the app on your device and open it.
- In the search box, type the name of the person you think has blocked you.
- Select your friend to open their chat.
- Write a message in the text area located at the bottom of the app.
- Then hit the send icon. If you see a pop-up telling you that the person is not available, it is because they have blocked you.
If this notification appears, it may also mean that the person deactivated their account on Facebook. To find out, follow this procedure:
- Go to Facebook and look for your friend. If you can’t find him, it’s because his account is deactivated. If, on the other hand, it appears as it normally would, it has blocked you on Messenger.
- In case you don’t get it, you can clear doubts by asking a mutual friend to see your profile. If you do, it’s because has blocked you on both accounts. In this way you will also solve your doubts if you wonder how to know if I was blocked from Facebook and not only from Messenger.
Write a message from the computer
In this case, you can use any web browser of your choice. In it, access the official Messenger page, and follow these steps:
- If you haven’t, sign in to your account.
- In the search box, located at the top left, enter the name of your friend in question.
- A list of results will appear.
- Select the correct option to open the chat with that person.
- Write a message in the text area that is located at the bottom of the chat, and send it.
- As in the application, if you have been blocked, a message will appear telling you that this person is currently unavailable. It’s also possible that it tells you that you can’t reply to that conversation.
In addition, it is possible to do it directly from your Facebook account. Being in the news section, it is common for a list of active contacts to appear on the right side of the page. Through it, the process is as follows:
- If the person isn’t listed, click the magnifying glass icon at the top.
- A chat box will open, type your contact’s name there and select it.
- Write a short message, and send it.
- If it goes through without a problem, you haven’t been blocked. Otherwise, you will also come across a text notifying you that you can’t contact that person.
How to know if I was blocked on Messenger without sending messages
Unlike other messaging apps like WhatsApp, Messenger does not provide the option to hide the last connection. This is an advantage if you want to know if you have been blocked.
The date and time of the last time your contact was active appears under their name. Yes, when entering the person’s chat, you can view their last activitymeans that didn’t block you.
On the other hand, if you can’t appreciate the schedule because it does not appear, it means that you have been blocked.
Create a new account
If you don’t have a mutual friend with that person, or you don’t want to make your concerns public, you can try with a new account. When doing so, it is a good option to only put a name, so that you do not raise suspicions. Although it seems like a desperate method, it is one of the most effective to find out if you have been blocked.
Once you have created your new Facebook user, it is time to proceed to confirm your theory. you simply have to find your friend’s profile, you can help yourself by searching for it from your personal account. In this way, the search will be faster and more effective.
If you manage to find the person’s account from your new user, it is because has blocked you in the original. If this does not happen, and it is impossible for you to get it, it is because you have deactivated your account.
If you want to read more articles similar to How do I know if I’ve been blocked on Messenger?we recommend that you enter our Facebook category.