fallout 4 black screen is an error that occurs when your computer screen doesn’t recognize the video card that is required to play the fallout4. This issue occurs on Laptops or any other device, more often when arises when the device has two graphic cards.
fallout4 is an action role-playing game developed and Bethesda studios and publishes by Bethesda Softworks and was released worldwide on November 10, 2015. It is the 4th game in the sequence of series. it is designed for Microsoft, Playstation4, and Xbox One.
Many users have reported that they are encountering some issues which launching or playing the game, especially the screen turns black and unable to perform any action. Even some users reported that the cursor is showing a loading icon. Here, in this article, we try to find the solutions to the error “fallout 4 black screen” while playing or launching the game.
What are the Causes for Black Screen Fallout?
Many of the users had reported that the screen turns black when they are launching the game or playing the game. So, here are some of the reasons that encounter the issue.
- When your steam and the game aren’t on the same device, then the issue encounters.
- You may be running the game in an incompatible mode.
- Due to the outdated Graphics card.
- They may encounter it because of your Anti-virus, as it sometimes blocks the games to play.
Try below given Pre-tips
Try the below-given pre-tips if you are facing the issue fallout 4 black screen then closes or fallout 4 black screen on startup while playing as it can be solved quickly and easily. follow the below steps to have a try.
- Close your steam.
- Restart your computer.
- Relaunch the Steam.
- Right-click on the game. Then select properties and select Local. By Clicking on the Verify button, verify the game.
- Launch the game.
Try the above-given pre-tips that you need to perform before doing a method. But still, if you face the error fallout 4 black screen on startup, then follow the below-given troubleshoot methods. Hope it helps you.
How to fix fallout 4 black screen on startup?
If you still face the issue, even performing the above pre-tips. then follow the below given and check if the problem is resolved. Try the below-given methods to do so.
Install Steam and Fallout4 in Same Drive
If you encountered the issue fallout 4 black screen while launching or playing a game, this is because steam and Fallout4 are not installed on the same drive. For the best experience of the game, install steam and Fallout4 on the same drive. If Fallout4 is another drive then uninstall the game and reinstall it in the path where steam is installed.
Disable Anti-virus software
Anti-virus on your device sometimes blocks the Features of the game that your playing. So, try to add Fallout4 and Steam as an exception, to solve this issue. If this doesn’t help then disable the anti-virus on your device.
This troubleshoot error may help you fix the issue fallout 4 black screens on your device. If still the persists then follow the below troubleshooting method
Run fallout4 in a Compatible mode
Installation of the custom mode is also one of the reasons behind the issue. Then disable the custom mode and then Run the Fallout4 game in a compatible mode. Follow the below-given steps to do so.
- From the Menu, Open the fallout4, then select Modes.
- Find the mode that you need to uninstall, in the library.
- Now click to disable the button.
- Now run this in a compatible mode, by right-clicking on the Fallout4 select Properties.
- Check the box, located beside “Run this program in compatible mode for”.
- Now select the version of the windows, which is older than yours.
- Click on Apply and launch the game.
Update the Graphics Card Drivers
Outdated graphic cards are one of the most common reasons for the Black Screen. To resolve the issue update the Graphic card drivers on your device, follow the below steps to do so.
- On the taskbar, click the search icon, then device manager in the text field.
- Select the Device Manager to open.
- A list of hardware will appear on the screen. then right-click on the graphic card driver that you want to update from the given list and click on the Update.
Updating the graphic drivers may help you to resolve the issue. And if the errors again then perform the below method.
Change the Settings of Fallout4
Sometimes the graphic card is not capable to support the High Graphics of the game. So, it better to approach the lower graphic of the game from the settings. Follow the below steps to perform the task.
- Launch the game in the steam.
- Click on the Options.
- Check the boxes, Windows Mode, and borderless.
- Then click on Advance.
- Now, lower the settings as you like.
- Click Apply and Launch the Game.
After trying these methods launch the game and see if the issue is encountering. If an error still, occurs, Then follow the below method to fix it.
Edit Configuration Files
Fixing the configuration of files may resolve the issue of the fallout 4 black screen on the devices. Follow the below steps to do so.
- Head to the following Location.” C:\Users\username\Documents\mygames\fallout4.”
- Now locate fallout4prefs.ini.
- In the opened files, now locate and update the variables as follows.” bMaximizeWindow= 0 bBorderless=1 bFull Screen=0 iSize H=1080 iSize W=192 “.
- Save the changes and now, check if the issue persists or not.
The above are the troubleshooting methods that help you to resolve the error “fallout 4 pip boy black screen” or “fallout 4 black screen then closes” on the device when you launch or playing the fallout4 on your device.
Have a Look:
By trying the above five troubleshooting methods, we will overcome the issue of fallout 4 black screens or fallout 4 black screens on startup on your devices. Without any issues, you can pay for the game happily. Hope this article fixes the fallout 4 black screen on startup issues on your device. For any doubts, feel free to text us in Techy2Tech and in the comment section and stay tuned for more updates.