Fix error code: i2501 many users reported that they are encountering this issue while they are making the payment to the publisher. Usually, this error is the indication of incorrect payment information or mostly when the card issuer finds suspicious information from an unknown source.
Final Fantasy XIV, developed and published by Square Enix in 2010, is an online multiplayer, role-playing game for windows Microsoft personal computers. It is the fourteen series in the main final fantasy.
As we know that the Final Fantasy XIV is one of the popular game which has a large user-base that really adores its gameplay. But, many users reported that they are getting a lot of messages that request an address to the Error Code: i2501. Sometimes pop-ups on the screen which launching or playing the game.
- 1 What are Reasons for Error Code: i2501
- 2 How to Fix the Issue Error Code:i2501
What are Reasons for Error Code: i2501
Here are some of the reasons that cause the issue error code: i2501 while playing or launching the Final Fantasy XIV on your device. let’s analyze the reasons that are listed below.
Cache and Cookies
Faulty or corrupted cookies are one of the reasons that cause the issue of error code i2501 while playing or launching the game, which might be the reason that your connection is being blocked by the servers. Therefore you need to clear the cache and cookies to get rid of the error code:i2501.
If you’re using the VPN or Proxy connection on your device then this might be the reason for encountering the issue error code i2501, on the installation of Final Fantasy XIV as the connection might be identified as doubtful by the Final Fantasy servers.
Sometimes the connection from being established properly is prevented by blocking some aspects of the server connection if you are using the Adblocker application on your computer. Before you proceed to implement such action it is recommended to turn off such extensions.
Cookies or Extension
square enix error code: i2501 may also occur if you’re installed any third-party extension on your computer which might have a possibility of interfering with the connection from being established by the Final Fantasy XIV due to which the error is being triggered. Hence, it is recommended to use the Incognito mode and check if the game works.
How to Fix the Issue Error Code:i2501
Here we perform the troubleshooting methods to fix the issue error code i2501. before that let us try this before you start.
Before you Start
Try this before you perform the troubleshooting methods.
- Take the Power adapter of your router from the socket for a while until it shutdown.
- After it is shutting down, Plugin back the power adapter back into the socket ad wait for its restart.
How we will try the troubleshooting methods to fix the issue error code i2501 on the Final Fantasy XIV, follow the below steps to do so.
Disable VPN and Proxy
If you are using the VPN and Proxy on your device then this might encounter the Error Code: i2501, as the connection is being blocked by the servers. Then disable the proxy as it may fix the issue. follow the below steps to do so.
- Press and hold on the “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” to open the Task Manager.
- Select the entries that are associated with VPN, one by one under the “Process” section, and End Task.
- Press and hold on Windows+R, to open the Run dialogue box.
- Search for Control Panel by entering the Control Panel on the text field.
- Open the Control Panel and Head to the “Network and Connection”, and click on the “Internet” options.
- Click on the “LAN” settings but navigating to the “Connection” tab.
- Uncheck the box besides the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” option, and then click on OK.
- After performing the above settings, check if the issue error code i2501 is resolved or not.
If you are using the Adblocker on your computer then this prevents the connection from being established properly as it blocks some of the aspects of the server connection. To perform this troubleshoot follow the below steps to do so.
- Open your Chrome browser and click on the three dots, which are at the top-right corner of the window.
- Head to the “Extensions” option and click on it.
- In the list of Extensions, locate the Adblocker on the browser and disable the toggle button.
- After disabling the Adlicker check if the error code i2501 is resolved.
Clear Browser Cookies and Cache
The Faulty or corrupted cookies might be the reason that your connection is being blocked by the servers. Try the below steps on how to disable the browser cookies and cache on your device.
- Press the “Ctrl+H” together on the keyboard to open the Browser’s history.
- select the “Clear Browsing Date” from the left pan, in the Browser’s History.
- Now, you need to set the “Time Range” to “All Time” and check the checkboxes that are parallel to the “Browsing History”, “Cookies and Other site data” and “Cache Images and Files”.
- Click on the Clear data button and check if the error code i2501 is resolved or not.
Try Incognito Window on Firefox
While paying a payment on your google chrome if you have encountered the mog station error code i2501, then many users had reported that switch to the firefox browser had resolved this issue.
If the error still encounters even after switching to Mozilla firefox then switch to the Incognito window and try to make a payment through it and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Make Payment through your Smart Phone
If you encounter the mog station error code: i2501 on your browser for making the payment. Then switch to Smart Phone and make the payment through Square Enix by launching the browser on your device.
As many users reported that they can resolve the issue error code i2501 by switching from the computer browser to the Mobile Phone. If you still encounter the error even after switching to your smartphone.
Wait for 24 Hours
If your continuously trying to make a payment even after failing at the same time and encountering the error square enix error code: i2501. Then your payment will be blocked for 24 hours for the online payment. So, to get rid of this error you have patiently wait for 24 hours to pay the payment and retry to check if the error is fixed.
Contact the Customer Support
If none of the above methods worked to resolve the issue square enix error code i2501, then the only option left behind is to contact the Square Enix Customer Support and explain your problem. Then they analyze your problem and contact you soon with a solution to again make payment through Square Enix.
Other Similar Articles To Check:
The above-given troubleshooting methods will help you to fix the Error Code: i2501. Hope that this article will be helpful for you to get managed around the error. If you have any doubts on error code: i2501 feel free to text us in the comment section and stay tuned for more updates. Visit our Techy2Tech for more information.