If you are facing an issue diagmonagent has stopped or want to disable it or to completely remove it, then in this article, we have provided you the troubleshooting methods that help you to fix the issue.
What is DiagMonAgent? On the Samsung devices, you will come across this Android Application. It performs the diagnosing on the malfunction programs and reports the result to the developer. But many people think that this is a kind of bloatware and might harm the device. But it is not spyware.
Therefore, in this article, we will provide you with detail about what is DiagMonAgent and how to fix diagmonagent has stopped. So, keep continuing to read this article till the end so that you might not get confused.
- 1 How to Fix DiagMonAgent has Stopped
- 1.1 Clear the Cache and then Force Stop
- 1.2 Perform Factory Reset
- 1.3 Uninstall Diagmonagent
- 1.4 What are the Issues Caused by DiagMonAgent
- 1.5 Conclusion
How to Fix DiagMonAgent has Stopped
So, here we will discuss how to fix the issue diagmonagent has stopped, there are multiple methods to fix the issue, here we have provided you a few of the methods that help you to fix the issue. Here are a few for you. Therefore to do so follow the steps as we mentioned.
Clear the Cache and then Force Stop
This is the simple troubleshooting method that helps you to fix the issue with takes only a few minutes. Follow the given steps to do so.
- Head to settings on your device.
- Now, locate the apps and click on them.
- Next, click on the “Ellipsis icon” i.e., (three vertical dots) on the top-right corner.
- Then, tap on the “Show System Apps”.
- Finally, click on the “DiagMonAgent”.
- At last, click on the “Clear Data” to clear the cache memory.
After clearing the cache memory, check if the issue is resolved or not.
Perform Factory Reset
Sometimes factory resetting might help you to fix the issue, as this restores to the default settings. But aware that the factory resetting the device might delete all your data stored on your device. Therefore to perform the factory reset follow the given below steps.
The “Reset Settings” option is available at the top of the menu, where you can find the Factory Reset option.
- On your device, head to the Settings.
- Now, click on the “General Management” option.
- Then click on the option ” Reset”.
- Next, click on the “Factory data reset” option.
- Now, scroll down and click on the “Reset Button” and then confirm the screen lock if any.
Once you have completed the process, the device will restart and it might fix the issue “diagmonagent has stopped” on your device.
If the above two troubleshooting methods don’t help you to fix the issue, then uninstalling the Diagmonagent might help you to fix the issue. So, here we have provided you the two methods to uninstall the DiagMonAgent on your device. To do so follow the given below methods.
Uninstall using ADB
- On your device, head to the “Device Settings”.
- Now, click on the “System” and then select “About Phone”.
- Next, to activate the developer options, click on the Build number 7 times.
- Now, head back to the previous menu and then open the developer options.
- Turn on the “USB debugging”.
- Next, visit the following site to download the ABD on your device.
- Now, extract the downloaded zip file into the new folder.
- Once you have extracted the zip file, open the extracted file.
- Now, press and hold the Shift key and then right-click on the “empty area”.
- Next, you have to click on the “Open PowerShell window here”.
- Type the “adb devices” command.
- Next, using the cable connect your android device to your PC.
- Finally, run the command “adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.sec.android.diagmonagent” to uninstall the app from your device.
Uninstall using App System Remover with Rooting
This is another method where we will remove or uninstall the diagmonagent using the app system remover with rooting. Before doing this you have to root your device with the “Kingoroot” and then try the given below steps to do so.
- Download the App Remover from the app store.
- After the installation, launch the app and search for the “DiagMonAgent”.
- Next to the app, checkmark the box.
- At last, click on the uninstall button to uninstall the app from your device.
With these provided methods you can uninstall the DiagMonAgent from your device if you are encountering the error message diagmonagent has stopped.
What are the Issues Caused by DiagMonAgent
There are some of the issues that are caused by the DiagMonAgent. Below we have mentioned some of the issues for you. Check out those mentioned issues.
After Turning on the Wi-Fi it sends the Report Notification
DiagMonAgent will notify you of the message “Sending Report” after you have turned on your Wi-Fi. And you come across these notifications on your Android5 and on some of the above versions. If you are not aware of what are those reports that are sent by the DiagMonAgent. But it might be something it might to do with other system programs.
It might be quite annoying if you across this message when you turn on your Wi-Fi. It shouldn’t be a problem if you once receive this message, but it is something that might need to check if your continuously encountering this issue.
DiagMonAgent has Stopped Working
You might come across this notification “diagmonagent has stopped working” on your Samsung devices mainly on the Samsung Galaxy S6. And moreover, you might see these messages when you are performing any of the important tasks.
These are the issues that you might face with the DiagMonAgent. So, to get rid of these issues, try to perform the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods or uninstall the app on your device.
Other Similar Articles:
Finally, DiagMonAgent is the Android tool that is used to diagnose the programs. Moreover, you can perform the manual test on your device’s speakers, camera, etc., Then above provided troubleshooting methods might help you to fix the issue diagmonagent has stopped. Let us know in the comment section if you have any doubts about what is diagmonagent has stopped. Stay tuned to techy2tech.com for more updates.