On your Android devices, you might come across configapk. What it is and what is the use of it on your mobile phones. Therefore, in this article, we will provide everything about what is configapk and everything about it that you need to know.
What is configapk? Config apk is the system app that is installed on your android app which runs automatically when you install or uninstall the app on your device. It is responsible for performing multiple tasks on your android device during the installation.
If you have any doubts about what is the Configapk is available on the system app list. Then we are here for you where we will provide everything for you about the apk file in this guide.
What is ConfigApk
ConfigApk is the “android.autoinstalls.config”. As we discussed above, Config Apk is the System App that is available on the Latest version of all android devices. This app will automatically run in the android that is used to handle the installation of the app automatically during the initial setup of the device.
Moreover, for all installation and distribution of the android apps on the android devices, then there comes the use of the ConfigApk. There is nothing to worry about, as the app runs in the background during the installation or uninstallation of the apps.
How to Disable/Uninstall ConfigApk
If you would like to disable or uninstall the ConfigApk file on your device, then here we have provided you the methods that help you to uninstall it on your device. These methods include
- Using the System App Remover(Root required).
- Using the Android Debug Bridge(ADB).
- To communicate with the Android Devices, using the Command-line tool.
Uninstall Using the System App Remover
We will uninstall the ConfigAPK file on your device, by using the System App remover. Here we have provided you the steps on how to uninstall the app on your device using the System App Remover but before you have to root your device.
- From the App Store, download and install the System App Remover.
- Now, launch the App and then locate the ConfigApk file and select it.
- Next, click on the uninstall button to remove the ConfigApk file from your device.
Android Debug Bridge
Now, we will uninstall the app using the ADB. Therefore, follow the given below to uninstall the ConfigApk on your device using the ADB.
- On your Android phone, head to the settings.
- Now, select the option ” System” and then click “About Phone”.
- Until the Developer options activate, keep clicking continuously on the build number.
- Now, head back to the “Main Menu Settings” and then click on the “Developer Options.
- Next, turn on the “USB” debugging.
- Now, download the “ADB” on your PC.
- Next, extract the Zip file that you have downloaded.
- Open the folder once you have extracted the file.
- Now, press and hold the Shift button and then right-click on the Empty area.
- Then, you need to click on the “Open the Powershell window Here”.
- There enter the command “adb devices”.
- Next, with the help of the cable, connect your Android devices to your PC.
- Finally, uninstall the app from your device using the command “adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 android.autoinstalls.config“.
You can also disable this file instead of uninstalling the app on your device by replacing the “Uninstall” with the “disabling” in the adb command.
How to Disable ConfigApk
There is nothing to worry about this configApk file is running in the background and it is completely safe to use. Instead of uninstalling the Package, you can disable the app on your device. Follow the given below steps to disable the ConfigApk file on your device.
- Head to the settings on your device.
- Now, Click on the “Apps”.
- Then, tap on the ellipsis ie., three vertical dots on the top-right corner, and then select “System Apps”.
- From the list, select “ConfigApk” file and click on it to open.
- Here, click on the “disable” button.
After disabling the ConfigApk on your device, restart your phone.
Does ConfigApk ask for Permissions?
The configApk file doesn’t ask for any permissions. Therefore, you can confirm by checking out the given below steps.
- On your Android device, head to the settings.
- Now, click on the option “Apps”.
- Then click on the ellipsis i.e., three vertical dots on the top-right corner.
- Next, select the system apps and click on them.
- From the list, click on the “Permissions”.
This is how you can check if the configApk asks for the permissions of the Android apps.
Issues Caused by ConfigApk
This ConfigApk file occupies less space which is less than 1 MB. You will find this app on all the latest android devices. Here we have discussed some of the issues that are caused by the ConfigApk.
Draining of the Battery
Most of the users had claimed that the file is consuming more battery power, which in results causes draining of the battery. There is no confirmation that the app that the draining of the battery is used due to this ConfigAPk.
Moreover, some of the users also claimed that this file consumes high power results in the draining of the battery, uses too much of the CPU, and also lets your device work slowly. That you might come across these issues in very rare cases.
Is ConfigApk is Safe to Use
ConfigApk is not the Virus or Spyware. It is safe to use. There might be a lot of confusion if this file is safe to use. But Sometimes on your Android devices like Samsung, it might come with the pre-installed apps that come with the bloatware, But there to worry and this app doesn’t cause any problem.
As we discussed this app is responsible for the installation of the performing the multi-tasks while installation or the uninstallation of the App.
More Similar Articles To Check:
Config Apk is the System Tool or the Package that is responsible for the installation and uninstallation of the app on your Android device. IF you have doubts about what is configapk let us know in the comment section. Stay tuned to Techy2tech.com for more updates.