Do you have Comcast? If so, then you are probably experiencing Comcast remote not working. This is a common problem that many Comcast customers face, but it doesn’t have to be this way! In this article, we will discuss 5 ways that can help fix your Comcast remote not working.
We all have Comcast remote not working moments, but often times it’s an easy fix. Here we will help you figure out why your Comcast remote isn’t working and how to get it up and running again!
This can be extremely frustrating, especially when you just want to relax on the couch and watch your favorite show. One of the most common reasons Comcast remote not working is because the batteries are low or dead. But don’t worry, we are here to help!
What is Comcast Remote
Comcast Remote is an application that helps Comcast users to control Comcast from their mobile devices. Comcast Remote can be used with many devices such as android smartphones, IOS, and Windows system phones. This remote is compatible with cable boxes, DVR box and Xfinity tivo.
Many users have experienced that their Comcast remote stopped working or not responding for different reasons such as whether they are too far from the device which uses the same frequency of remote, low battery level.
Why is My Comcast Remote Not Working?
Some Comcast users might be wondering why their Comcast remotes not working. Comcast Remote out of battery, try to change the batteries and see if it works. If this does not fix Comcast remote app then there is an issue with your Comcast remote.
Other Comcast users might be wondering why their Comcast remotes not working. Comcast Remote out of range, try to move closer to the device that you are trying to control with your Comcast remote and see if it works. If this does not fix Comcast remote app then there is an issue with your Comcast remote.
5 Ways to Fix Comcast Remote Not Working
Below are the ways to fix the Comcast remote not working:
Troubleshooting Remote Buttons
- Try to fix the remote buttons by checking for any debris that can be stuck in them. This might keep you from having to buy a new Comcast remote replacement.
- Use an air duster which is compressed air used for cleaning computer internals, or even canned air sold at most electronic stores if there are no loose pieces of debris.
- Do not try to use any sharp objects as they can further damage Comcast remote buttons.
How to Reset Comcast Remote
Resetting Comcast remote is a quick fix for Comcast remote problems, which are often caused by the batteries being low or damaged Comcast remotes needing to be replaced.
- To reset your Comcast remote, locate the small hole on the Comcast remote that is near the batteries.
- With a paper clip or something similar, insert it into the reset button and hold for about 15 seconds until the Comcast logo appears on the screen.
Comcast Remote Not Working with TV
If your Comcast remote isn’t working when Comcast remote is pointed directly at Comcast box with Comcast cable plugged in,
- Try resetting the Comcast box. This might solve any problems.
Comcast Remote Not Working after Replacing Batteries
If your batteries are replaced and remotes still don’t work, it’s time Comcast remotes need to be replaced.
- Buy a remote which is available at most electronic stores and online retailers. Follow the instructions that came with your remote to set up the Comcast box again after replacing buttons.
Comcast Remote Not Working When Batteries Are Fresh
If the Comcast remote still isn’t working after replacing Comcast buttons, you might want to check if there is a problem by following the steps below.
- Press any button on your Comcast remote and hold it down for about 15 seconds until the logo appears on the screen. This resets the Comcast remote.
- Point the Comcast remote directly at the Comcast box and press the power button. If the Comcast remote still doesn’t work, unplug the Comcast cable from the wall and replug it back in. Wait about 30 seconds for the box to start up before trying again.
If you’ve tried all of these solutions and the Comcast remote is still not working, please call Comcast customer service for more assistance. They will be happy to help you resolve Comcast remote problems.
Hope you have fixed the Comcast remote not working by trying one of the solutions in this article. If Comcast remote still isn’t working, please call Comcast customer service for more assistance. That’s all for this post. Keep visiting Techy2Tech to get more useful and informative guides.