For the standard word processing applications, then Microsoft Office has become the industry and that deserves the best spot. The Office users on the Mac device have reported that when they are to update their office installations, that the “autoupdate cannot connect to the update server” and that has been mostly occurring on the Microsoft 2011.
The updates are automatically installed on the device, with the windows10 whenever the device is connected to the Microsoft. But, sometimes the windows might fail to updates automatically due to some reasons and even the Manually, checking the updates results error message. When the windows temperory update folder i.e., software distribution folder is get corrupted, then this problem might probably occurs.
Even when the windows service or the related service is not running, security software blocking the downloading updates or if the windows system files get missed or corrupted. When your internet connection disconnects frequently and more then you may encounter the error auto update cannot connect to the update server.
- 1 How to Fix the Autoupdate Cannot Connect to the Update Server?
How to Fix the Autoupdate Cannot Connect to the Update Server?
If your are struggling with the problem Microsoft auto-update cannot connect to the update server or auto-update cannot connect to the update server mac then in this article, we have provided you the guide to resolve this issue also you can connect with microsoft recovery key and update the server too.
Here are few of the troubleshooting methods that help you to fix the issue, but before that let us know what are the causes of the auto update cannot connect to the update server in detail.
Reasons for the Autoupdate Cannot Connect to the Update Server
There might be several reasons that cause the issue Autoupdate Cannot Connect to the Update Server, here are few of the reasons that cause this issue. Below, we have listed a few for you.
There is limited support for Microsoft office 2011 on the Microsoft AutoUpdate or the MAU and also for the last update offered for the software was version 14.77 after which the official support was ended. You cannot update anything further as the latest version for the Microsoft office 2011 available is 14.77. Since the last version of Microsoft office 2011 was released for it, the macOS has received multiple updates is one of the issues it is faced and also while trying the updates the operating system can often glitch out.
If the DNS might not be working properly, that is being used by the macOS to connect to the Microsoft server then you might encounter the error Microsoft auto update cannot connect to the update server. Therefore to eliminate the misconfiguration of the DNS settings, it is best to use Google’s DNS server.
When you are trying to download the latest versions from the Microsoft servers then you may encounter these errors because of the incompatibilities with the operating system or due to the network restrictions. Then the In-direct download or the update of the Microsoft 2011 might not be possible because of which you are receiving the auto-update cannot connect to the update server.
These are the reasons that cause the error auto-update cannot connect to the update server, now we will head to the fixing of the issue. Please keep continuing reading this article, so that it is easy to fix the issue as we provided.
In this article, we have provided you the troubleshooting methods that help you to fix the issue auto-update cannot connect to the update server, Perform the mentioned steps to do so.
Download the Update Directly – Solution1
To download the update directly follow the given below steps to do so.
- From the given link download the “Microsoft Office 2011 14.7.7” version.
- Now, click on the downloaded file and then follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your computer.
- After installing the latest version, check if the error auto-update cannot connect to the update server has been resolved or not.
If the above method doesn’t help you to fix the error, then try this troubleshooting method that helps you to fix the issue. To do so follow the given below steps.
- Click on the “System Resources” option and then select the “Network”.
- Now, click on the “advanced” option in the Network tab and then select the “DNS” option.
- Then, click on the “+” button which is parallel to the “IPV4 or the IPv6” address button.
- Click on the “OK” button and head back to the Main Screen.
- Now, try to update the Microsoft Office and then check if the Autoupdate service is able to connect to the update server.
If the above method doesn’t help you to fix the issue then try to download the one-by-one method to fix the issue. Then perform the given below steps to do so.
- First, from the given link you have to download the Mac 2011 Service Pack 1 14.1.0 update.
- Next, install this update, and after that download the Mac 2011 14.7.7 update.
- After you have completed these updates, check if the issue is resolved or not.
Windows Update Troubleshooter
If the above troubleshooting doesn’t helps you to fix the error, then you have t run the windows update Troubleshooter and then allow the windows to check if the problem is fixed or not. To run the windows update troubleshooter follow the given below steps.
- To open the Settings Window, press the “Windows + I” key together.
- Now, click on the “Update & Security”.
- Then, select the “Troubleshoot”.
- Next, scroll down and look for the “Windows Update”.
- Now, click on it and Run the Troubleshooter.
This process will help you to detect the problems that prevent the windows update to install then it will automatically fix it if it found any of the troubleshooters.
Use the Proxy
Many of the users have claimed that they are able to fix the issue auto update cannot connect to the update server by simply using the proxy. Then, try to use the proxy if you are not able to fix the issue, and then check if the updated process proceeds as expected.
Finally, you can try to contact Microsoft customer support, if the autoupdate cannot connect to the update server still exists.
Try to perform the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods, any one of the methods might help you to fix the issue auto update cannot connect to the update server. If you have any queries you can comment us and keep visiting our Techy2Tech for more updates.